Find of the Month - June 2013

Started by AE_Collector, June 06, 2013, 03:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - June 2013

DavePEI's pair of chrome NECo 233 3-slot Payphones $150 delivered
4 (15.4%)
Zaphod01's 1952 TA236/FT Signal Corps phone $5 on eBay
7 (26.9%)
WesternElectricBen's haul from Lancaster 16 or more phones for close enough to free
14 (53.8%)
LM Ericsson's Rd Soft Plastic WE500 with fat gray coil cord $55.
8 (30.8%)
Southernphoneman's ITT 500 for $5
2 (7.7%)
Gilas' Mediterranean Blue with Gray cord off Ebay for $33.33
20 (76.9%)
Sargeguy's Western Electric 20-AP $39.99
6 (23.1%)
Tptech302's Magicall Dialler for $26 plus shipping on ebay
3 (11.5%)
JohnS' Stromberg Carlson top box
4 (15.4%)
Babybearjs' 302 Dictograph (?) set
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Babybearjs

Terry, heres my entry!  quite unique, don't you think??   John
John

WesternElectricBen

I saw that on eBay, I was pretty tempted, but I have one like that, I think they were used in police offices and would be connected to phono's that would record the calls on to records. Though I'm not sure exactly.

Ben

Babybearjs

From what I have read on these thing, its from an old dictograph setup. it attached to a voice recorder of that time. they just took an old 302, gutted it and replaced the dial with this pushbutton pad. There was no inside photos of this unit, so I won't know what all it has in it until I get it. the only thing I can think is that it could have been used with a 1A KTS system for an intercom setup. since I have extra 302 parts, I'm going to replace the base with a cleaner one and try to wire this unit to work.  will post pictures when I get the phone next week.
John

unbeldi

AE_Collector

Okay, time to vote!

Everyone gets three votes to spread between this months 10 items. Lets try to use up all three votes this time! Good luck everyone.

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, that's it for June. Gilas' has cleaned up this month. A Mediterranean Blue 500 with gray cords is hard to beat! WesternElectricBen gave it a good shot but landed in second place this month though I am sure he is going to be busy fo awhile with that load of phones from the phone show.

Thanks to everyone for submitting your finds and thanks to everyone who voted.

Terry