News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone Ever Seen This Stick Before?

Started by Doug Rose, January 01, 2012, 09:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

General Dynamics! I never knew GD made phones. This is an amazing picture.

My Uncle worked in the Ship Yards for years for GD building ships.....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/7xdgqag   
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

General Dynamics was one of the various owners of Stromberg Carlson through its history.

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 01, 2012, 09:42:25 AM
General Dynamics was one of the various owners of Stromberg Carlson through its history.

Larry
thanks Larry
Kidphone

bingster

That must be what the lowest logo represents.  "S-C" -- Stromberg Carlson.
= DARRIN =

GG

I've seen pictures of that one before, in one of Ron & Mary Knappen's books if I recall correctly, where it was also identified as SC.

I'm not too enamored of the design myself; looks to me like a prototype that never made it into production because it would be somewhat annoying to use.  One of the advantages of the conventional desk stand was that it was easy to carry around, which that one would seem to be heavy (with the internal magneto) and lack any convenient surfaces with which to pick it up. 

Though I may be mistaken, and there may still be dozens of them out there waiting to be found, and they may fetch high prices due to rarity.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan/Panther on January 02, 2012, 01:58:51 PM
Not a very attractive set is it.
D/P
Dan...beauty is in the eye of the beholder....I'd love to find one of these. Brass Candlestick with a built in magneto and the cool way the receiver hangs up.

Then again...I walk down the street and women say "what a kisser!" I've never kissed them. Go figure....Doug
Kidphone