"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 40 w/SL ringer won't ring

Started by Greg G., June 26, 2012, 05:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Brinybay ,
              With your ringer disconnected and hooked up like mine you have bypassed the phone altogether and it should ring if it is getting enough voltage . Do you know how much AC voltage is on your ringer when you call from cell.  Can you see if anything is keeping the piviot point of the clapper arm from moving freely, not counting the pressure of the bias spring. If the voltage is there it should move the clapper. The nut could be too tight. How many phones are hooked -up when you test this ringer?
              Sorry , I  can't hear what you have on youtube. It takes so long to down load for me , on dial-up, that when it gets to me i have forgotten what I was working on. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Greg G.

Quote from: stub on June 29, 2012, 11:53:39 PM
Brinybay ,
              With your ringer disconnected and hooked up like mine you have bypassed the phone altogether and it should ring if it is getting enough voltage . Do you know how much AC voltage is on your ringer when you call from cell.  Can you see if anything is keeping the piviot point of the clapper arm from moving freely, not counting the pressure of the bias spring. If the voltage is there it should move the clapper. The nut could be too tight. How many phones are hooked -up when you test this ringer?
              Sorry , I  can't hear what you have on youtube. It takes so long to down load for me , on dial-up, that when it gets to me i have forgotten what I was working on. stub

Pretty much the same ring.  I noticed you have one red and one green clip, but what are the other ends hooked up to?  I dial the phone as an extension on my PBX.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

stub

Brinybay,
             The other end of my cord goes to the POTS line in. Red and Green only. I ohmed out my ringer and it is 1284 ohms. What is your ringing voltage with the ringer not hook-up when you dial this ext. from the PBX ? stub
Kenneth Stubblefield