News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I don't know weather to scream or Cry

Started by GTE Rick, April 28, 2014, 08:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTE Rick

A few weeks ago I found another styleline with the Electroluminescent disk.  The phone was in bad shape and the dial had a broken gear... We have a Red Styleline that has the lighted base and the leads in the handset but no disk and a 3 conductor handset cord... successfully transferred the disk and checked it with a 5 conductor handset cord from another set in tangerine.   All worked great but i needed a red 5 conductor handset cord... i posted in the want/for sale board that i was looking to purchase red 5 conductor Styleline wide end plug or even trade a 3 conductor cord ( i have a few) red cord here was no response.. so then I call a very reputable dealer ... they searched their inventory and they found the one and only 5 conductor wide end styleline cord in red.   and i waited for it... it had been over a week so i called for a tracking number ... tracked it .... it was delivered and left on the porch In buffalo ny!   So it must have been sent to one of my previous address.. I called back they took my info and will call me back Tuesday.  Arg Keeping my fingers crossed something can be done!
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

DavePEI

Quote from: RickGTE on April 28, 2014, 08:24:36 PM
A few weeks ago I found another styleline with the Electroluminescent disk.  The phone was in bad shape and the dial had a broken gear... We have a Red Styleline that has the lighted base and the leads in the handset but no disk and a 3 conductor handset cord... successfully transferred the disk and checked it with a 5 conductor handset cord from another set in tangerine.   All worked great but i needed a red 5 conductor handset cord... i posted in the want/for sale board that i was looking to purchase red 5 conductor Styleline wide end plug or even trade a 3 conductor cord ( i have a few) red cord here was no response.. so then I call a very reputable dealer ... they searched their inventory and they found the one and only 5 conductor wide end styleline cord in red.   and i waited for it... it had been over a week so i called for a tracking number ... tracked it .... it was delivered and left on the porch In buffalo ny!   So it must have been sent to one of my previous address.. I called back they took my info and will call me back Tuesday.  Arg Keeping my fingers crossed something can be done!
Have you called the current owner of that address?

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

GTE Rick

Dave

I did send a face book message to the guy who purchased my house in buffalo, lets just say he was not the most cooperative person so I would not be surprised if he never responds... It also could be the house i lived in before it.... i will wait till tomorrow when they tell me where they sent it
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.