News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 two wire ringer diagram.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 22, 2009, 11:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I hate getting out my Chinese copy of a 302 Each time I want to wire one up, so I'm working on a diagram. It might not be correct as it stands  now, so don't rely on it until I finish, and confirm accuracy.
D/P

Please note this is the final updated draft. If you find any problem please let me know as soon as possible.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

You have a Chinese copy of a 302???  What's the story on that?

Dan/Panther

Chinese copy is  referring to opening up another 302 to compare the wiring. Not China related.
D/P

McHeath

Dan/Panther

By the updated copy of the diagram, you can probably tell I'm planning a second drawing of the case that you can lay next to the base diagram to get a complete phone wire diagram.
This may seem overly simplistic, but a schematic can sometimes confuse, and mistakes can be made. With a color coded diagram, I refer to it as idiot proof.
I learned to follow colors early on in life.

D/P

HobieSport

Great chart, D/P.  Very neat and easy to read. :)

Dennis Markham

Dan, I meant to comment earlier.  That is a great diagram and will be very helpful.  Thanks for taking the time to do that for all of us.  I agree that reading schematics can be difficult.

Dan/Panther

I really enjoy the hobby, and wish I had gotten into it years ago.
I just hate taking apart one phone to wire another.  Someday the 302 will be as easy as the 500, but right now the diagram fits the bill.
D/P

Sargeguy

302 as easy as the 500?  Don't you mean the other way around?  ;)  All my 302's work.  About half my refurbished 500s have issues.

I like the diagram but I usually reverse the ringer wires from what you have, although it probably doesn't matter.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Sargeguy;
I will change the diagram as everyone sees fit.
I figured since 500's have the black connected to the Green incomming line, I would just cut down on confusion and wire 302's the same way. I think it's like the white hanset wires, either way doesn't matter but it's easier to remember black to green.
Any comments ?
D/P

HobieSport

That chart is so crisp, clear and useful, D/P.  Are you going to make more charts, for a WE500, etc.? 8)

BDM

As already stated, good chart Dan
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Sargeguy

I for one would love to see a 500 schematic.  Or a 304/354
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

As soon as I finish the 302, and get group approval as far as how it's done and accuracy, I will then start on a 500, beyond that I will need help. I have AE40, Red Bar, but any others I will need schematic.
It's really fun doing the chart.

D/P

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409