News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

stereo console

Started by mienaichizu, April 23, 2010, 11:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

there are no new phones on the shops I frequently visits so I decided to buy this stereo console, its a Toshiba Stereorama 4-Channel Stereo System. Probably from the 70's

mienaichizu

the Ipod sounds great when hooked up with it

AET

That's a sharp looking piece of equipment right there!!
- Tom

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

Nice very nice!  We have a friend who just bought a console as well, and ours has been pretty fun since we picked it up early this year.  I agree that the iPod really does some good sounds when hooked up to these ancient music behemoths.

jiggerman

Beautiful looking piece of furniture. Bet it sounds as good as it looks. I have a couple of console and play my records on them all the time. Jiggerman

AE_Collector

Quote from: mienaichizu on April 23, 2010, 11:32:18 AM
Toshiba Stereorama 4-Channel Stereo System. Probably from the 70's

"Quadraphonic" was the generic term they used for 4 channel "Stereo" as I recall.

Terry

paul-f

Plus it's a great telephone stand.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

mienaichizu

thanks guys!  what i like most in this console is that the bass is so loud and crisp. yes terry, it is called quadraphonic

foots

That's a nice one Ramil. I've never seen a Toshiba console before. I've been on the lookout for a console for myself.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bwanna

very nice, ramil.  :)
we picked this zenith up at auction for $1. needs a good cleaning, but it works & even has an 8-track player.  sounds great playing the old tapes & 33 rpm. i don't have an ipod.  :(

donna

Bill Cahill

I have a nice Symphonic portable stereo dating to 1963. It's two channel, puts out 5 watts of audio each channel.
Here are the weid things.
Along with having bass, treble, loudness, and, balance controls, it is a 3 way speaker system.
5" tweeter, 5" mid fange, and, 7" woofer.
There is also a bas port.
Further there are 4 sets of jacks on the back for speakers. Two are wired one way, other two are reversed.
I had 4 temporary speakers connected. It makes it sound quadrophonic like.
The two sest of peakers  for each direction go against each-other so that when placed properly, you get an interesting super stereo affect.
Wish I had another matching pair of speakers.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."