"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

looking for info on lime green trimline/slimline

Started by slim_and_trimline, February 03, 2011, 07:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim_and_trimline

Quote from: jsowers on February 06, 2011, 06:53:33 PM
I once pasted a picture of Goofy Grape on a co-worker's ID picture in our media circulation system at work. She loved it. It fit.  Smiley

Seriously, though, they didn't call it Screamin' Orange. That was my term. It's probably just Orange, but it seems brighter than that Rust color that Trimlines came in. I'll see if I can scan the 1980s phone book back covers I have and you can see the entire color spectrum for the SC Slenderet. Yes, the colors are different depending on the maker and some changed as the fashions changed through the years. Like yellow changing to Harvest Gold, and Ivory changing to Almond.
Hey thanks for the wiring info Jonathan.  Yeah I understood you made up the "screamin".  I like your story about the nickname at work.  Coincidentally, there was an attractive young woman I met at my last job.  She mentioned she was born in China and was wearing red that day.  I said "hey I have a good nickname for you - Chinese Cherry!".  Later that day, I was fired...I don't think it fit as well as it did for your co-worker. 
http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/pac04.jpg
-David

Dennis Markham

I know this is getting off topic...I remember the Funny Face drinks and commercials too.  I think originally the Orange was called Injun Orange.  That probably didn't sit well with the Native American community.  Because later it was changed.

Here is an original commercial. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuUlWnYkYtw

slim_and_trimline

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 06, 2011, 11:17:26 PM
I know this is getting off topic...I remember the Funny Face drinks and commercials too.  I think originally the Orange was called Injun Orange.  That probably didn't sit well with the Native American community.  Because later it was changed.

Here is an original commercial. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuUlWnYkYtw

Hi Dennis
yeah hope that over-the-top, goofy (grape) joke of mine didn't offend, but hey I'm new (cherry)
-D

jsowers

Here are two scanned color charts for the Slenderet/Trendline. These are from 1976 and 1980 phone directories from Denton, NC, a small town in the southern part of my county. They also feature other offerings like the Contempra and Ericofon. Evidently they installed both SC and ITT phones. The color palette for some of them didn't change much. Sorry about the pen marking on the first one. You know how kids like to mark on the phone book.
Jonathan

Dewdrop

I erased the marking for you.

Debbie
Debbie

jsowers

Thanks, Debbie, for taking the time to do that. Wish it could be done on the real thing. I've used Photoshop to work on taking rust stains and missing pieces out of number cards, but it takes me so long!
Jonathan

Dewdrop

Jonathan,

The office was closed...
I was snowed in...

It didn't take that long.

Debbie
Debbie

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Dewdrop

Jorge,

It stopped snowing Wednesday night. Office was open today (Thursday).

Debbie
Debbie