News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A little expensive, huh??

Started by LM Ericsson, October 07, 2012, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

Look how expensive this ivory GPO 8746 is. For such a common color and being a late model, pricing is a little outrageous!! It is nice that it is in the states and I probably would snatch it up is it were at a decent price!! Link...      http://tinyurl.com/96wfwrs ( dead link 01-12-22 )
Regards,
-Grayson

TelePlay

Makes me feel better after having had to quickly import a 706 from across the pond for $158 a few months ago. Had a pristine dial card.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7573.msg84024#msg84024

But the one I bought sold. Doubt this one will.

twocvbloke

Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread, that's a bit too pricey for a very common 80's 8746, the 8 denoting it's made or converted for the 80's BT plug system, they're everywhere on ebay UK, and not priced that heavily... :o

McHeath

Pricing is always weird, sometimes stuff goes for nothing that is worth something and then, like this one, vice versa. 

dsk

Its only $ not £, shouldn't it bee?   :D

dsk

twocvbloke

Well, at nearly £90, they're still way over the top for the price, after all, that colour is about as rare as bubbles in a jacuzzi here, there's so many to pick through when trying to find other colour 700s... :D

If it does sell though, maybe I should list mine on ebayUS, could make a packet... ;D

migette

Hi

These can be found at most Bootsales  in UK for £5 upwards, those over £10 do not normally sell unless in pristine condition, the later 706 is similar pricing as the sellers do not realise the two models in most cases. The rarer colours fetch more on eBay but that must be expected. I feel by living in England we have a much better choice of models as so many European ones turn up, not always at the correct price. The one drawback is postal costs and customs if not coming from the EEC.