News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

234 G WE Payphone

Started by Doug Rose, September 05, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Here are pics of the insides. Three wires not connected. Has it been fooled with?....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Pics of the outside
Kidphone

RB

I am no expert, but could those be for the relay that appears to be missing?

Ktownphoneco

Doug  ....   Attached are e pictures of my Northern 233H.    There may be some slight variations between the two sets, but basically what you see in the pictures I've posted, should be in your set.
I have a "pdf" picture file with more pictures in it, and if you'd like to look through it, let me know and I'll upload the file.    Double click to enlarge.

Jeff

rdelius

I see an AE lock (29-S) on the WE  paystation

Payphone installer

Lock is wrong should be a 10G. Bottom is interesting as it has a welded in tray. I have not seen this on a 234G only on a 236G and a 1234. So the welded bottom is after the Bakelite coin bucket. But yours has a Bakelite coin bucket. The hopper is missing the trap and the trap lever,trap spring and the copper piece that holds the two on. Of course it is missing the relay and it needs a W/E door. Could be a late refurbish job and they just welded the tray and left the bucket.

Payphone installer

I would just replace the missing parts.

Doug Rose

Jim....since I do not have any parts, how can I get this working to move it. I cannot find L1 or L2 to try and connect dial tone.

Looks like my big find was not a big find. Thanks for the help on this....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

Hey, at least it has the electromagnet on the coin track. I do not know why, but it seems every 3 slotter I find has had that part mined out of it. It should handle nickels correctly. It needs a relay and hopper and to be re wired, change the lock Jim mentions and it's good to go. I ended up replacing the entire track to get an electromagnet for a 233 I reworked for a friend recently.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

I just want to get dial tone not function like a payphone, just function like a phone. Where do I wire dial tone to?
Kidphone

Haf

Doug,

maybe this will help:

https://atcaonline.com/WE200payphones.html

I don't know if there is a pdf version of this text by Stan or how to attach it here other than the link.

You would need a subset for 233G and 234G payphones. But you will find the line connections within the text. I still would consider this a big (not only by weight and dimensions) find! You did good.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Partyline4

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 06, 2018, 06:20:19 AM
Jim....since I do not have any parts, how can I get this working to move it. I cannot find L1 or L2 to try and connect dial tone.

Looks like my big find was not a big find. Thanks for the help on this....Doug

Change of luck for you, Doug. Rare to see you out on the open with a lemon!!!!

Haf

I sure would take that "lemon" as it isn't one ;)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Doug Rose

Quote from: Partyline4 on September 06, 2018, 08:25:25 PM
Change of luck for you, Doug. Rare to see you out on the open with a lemon!!!!
Partyline ....lemon is rather harsh, it is missing pieces. In your vast experience buying and selling phones this can happen, wouldn't you agree.

Forum lists you as 24....you did start very young buying and selling on eBay

I have not had every antique phone I bought be in working condition You? Yes...sometime the bear bites you.

"Out in the open with a lemon" not sure I understand. I am very transparent with the good as well as the bad. I even use my name....not a moniker.

Even you rembered my eBay name as jflowres. I missed what your eBay name is as well

Lemon!  I will make lemonade.....Kidphone

I still think $100 for a WE payphone in nice cosmetic condition is a win
Kidphone

Partyline4

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 07, 2018, 03:11:30 PM
Partyline ....lemon is rather harsh, it is missing pieces. In your vast experience buying and selling phones this can happen, wouldn’t you agree.

Forum lists you as 24....you did start very young buying and selling on eBay

I have not had every antique phone I bought be in working condition You? Yes...sometime the bear bites you.

“Out in the open with a lemon” not sure I understand. I am very transparent with the good as well as the bad. I even use my name....not a moniker.

Even you rembered my eBay name as jflowres. I missed what your eBay name is as well

Lemon!  I will make lemonade.....Kidphone

I still think $100 for a WE payphone in nice cosmetic condition is a win

Sure did! Been making money all this time. I keep my name private, but ill give you a gold star if you figure it out!

Lemon is just the term I use. I'm used to seeing you having only the best.

I've paid a lot of money for junk phones, never had one that surprised me for being incomplete, though...... you can usually spot missing items even from pictures, such as ringers, etc.

Only been in the phone game a few years. A pretty comfortable hobby it has turned out to be........

I like to pop on the forum every couple of months, and give you guys a little rustle.

Waiting to see the completed phone in the future, regardless.

Wish you still sold on eBay.