News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Remembering JFK

Started by WesternElectricBen, November 22, 2013, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

I was in the 7th grade in a school located less than eight miles from the site of the assassination. Teachers were crying and the radio broadcasts were piped thru the speaker system.

I went to high school with the son of slain police officer J.D. Tippit.

There was much shame in Dallas. There was also a real stigma about being from Dallas. It was still so bad when I went into the army in 1969 that I told people I was from a suburb.

I visited in the jail where they held Oswald and rode down the elevator to the famous basement where he was shot. Creepy place.
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: zaphod01 on November 23, 2013, 12:40:15 PM
I was in the 7th grade in a school located less than eight miles from the site of the assassination. Teachers were crying and the radio broadcasts were piped thru the speaker system.

I went to high school with the son of slain police officer J.D. Tippit.

There was much shame in Dallas. There was also a real stigma about being from Dallas. It was still so bad when I went into the army in 1969 that I told people I was from a suburb.

I visited in the jail where they held Oswald and rode down the elevator to the famous basement where he was shot. Creepy place.

Wow, that must have been some panic, being that close, especially with even Canadian's etc. concerned!

Ben

Tom B

I was 4 years old and am a Brit, but the assassination of JFK is one of my earliest memories. The filmed event was one of the milestones of the 20th century, as 9/11 will be of the 21st.
Tom