News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 34 Monophone

Started by tell302man, September 03, 2012, 01:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tell302man

I have not been back on the forum since I signed up awhile ago. I went to the flea market and found this beauty and restored it. Hope you like it.

AE_Collector

Looks much improved, nice work! Was it a steal at the Flea market? If so, Find of the Month material.

Terry

tell302man

I bought it at the flea market for 40 bucks. I thought it was a great deal! I don't see many of these early Monophones.

tell302man

I hope this is a better picture. I can't seem to take a clear one.

paul-f

Some cameras have a macro mode setting that is required to be able to focus on items closer than a few feet.  Otherwise they insist in focusing on the back wall.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

Hmmm $40....

You didn't pay too much by a long shot. Hard to find an AE 40 for $40 and a 34 is worth much more. I'll nominate you for September's Find of the Month.

Terry

LarryInMichigan

I paid $70 or $80 for my AE34.  I thought that I got a great deal, and and it is missing the ringer and condenser.  I think that they usually go for well over $100.  Also, the break VERY easily.  Some forum members have bought AE34s online and received broken pieces in the mail

Larry

tell302man

I have three of them a non dial one a chrome banded one and now this one. It does not have any chips or cracks. The guy said it was still being used util not so long ago. I am gonna post a video of it. I always try to fix them when I get them and this one has a wonderful dial tone and ring!

tell302man