News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATEA Telephone - from belgium. Model 1002

Started by wds, August 30, 2013, 01:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Took 5 weeks to get here, but it's here, mostly in one piece.  Box was destroyed, and the seller of course did not pack the box very well - especially considering the distance the phone had to go.  Despite it all, the only apparent damage seems to be the feet of the phone.  There are bakelite, and only one survived.  I found several pieces in the box, but not enough to glue even one of the feet back.  I guess I'll have to improvise something. 

Does anyone know the model # for this phone, or is there a catalog this might appear in? 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

I am glad to hear that the phone finally arrived from Belgium and not surprised that it was packed poorly.  It's a very good thing that the shell is metal.  I would expect that the feet are rubber which has completely hardened.  I have other European phones with similar feet.  You might be able to find reasonable replacements at a hardware store.  If not there, you could try McMaster Carr or some other supplier like that, but you might have to buy 100 of them.

Larry

wds

I'll take another look at the feet, but I could have sworn they were bakelite.  It seemed weird that the feet would be a hard material like bakelite, so maybe they are hardened rubber.

I always like it when the Seller packs with newspaper - especially from overseas.  First one must be from a "Girls Gone Wild" magazine.  Of course I can't read a single word on the paper, but the pictures are nice to look at.
Dave

wds

Those round feet are definitely bakelite.  I wonder though, if there isn't supposed to be an insert inside the round part - maybe cork or something.
Dave

wds

Here's a brochure I found.
Dave