"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just won this.

Started by Dan/Panther, May 26, 2009, 04:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benhutcherson

Dan,

Most sellers love money orders not only because they're more money in their pocket, and they're much safer for the seller.

With Paypal, a buyer can claim an item to be "signifcantly not as described". Nearly always, Paypal will side with the buyer, and will refund the money to the buyer once they provide proof(in the form of delivery confirmation) that they've shipped something back to the seller. It doesn't matter if they ship back a different item, or even a box of rocks-Paypal will still refund provided that they get the delivery confirmation.

Greg G.

Quote from: benhutcherson on June 04, 2009, 08:50:53 PM
Ebay charges a listing and insertion fee, based on the opening bid, reserve or buy it now price, and any other features you choose. These fees can run from $.15 up through several dollars.

You then pay a final value fee based on the selling price, if it sells. The final value fee is

8.75% for sales up to $25

For sale $25.01 through $1000, they're 8.75% of the first $25($2.19) plus 3.75% for the amount over $25

For over $1000, the above amounts apply($2.19 for the first $25, $34.12 for $974.99) plus 1.50% of the amount over $1000.

All Ebay sales now also require that you accept Paypal. Paypal takes their own cut from every transaction. Paypal charges 2.9% plus $.30 for every transaction up to $3000.

I don't want to do the math, but I bet ebay and Paypal would have made a bundle on this (didn't sell, at least not on ebay).

http://tinyurl.com/l82gqh

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e