News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory 354 on eBay - Recovered from a shipwreck?

Started by magicbrain, September 11, 2017, 02:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbrain

https://tinyurl.com/y76gjbpr

The seller says it was found at an estate sale, but this phone looks like it spent the last few decades in immersed in saltwater.

Maybe the shell, hook & receiver can be salvaged, but not for starting bid or BIN price of $99.99.
Bruce

TelePlay

Seems to be an Ivory housing and handset. Hate to see what the dial looks like or what's under the handset caps of they can be loosened and removed. The top keyhole mount shows ivory. And, yes, probably set the BIN above market value even though I have seen plastic housings and handsets only, together, sell for that much. All that's left here is the plastics and  hook. Time will tell.

twocvbloke

Looks like it needs throwing back where it came from, that's in terrible shape, I'd love to have a 354 myself, but, I don't think I'm that desperate... :o

LarryInMichigan

The plastic shell and handset might be salvageable if they can be separated from the rusty metal and whatever else in in that thing.  My guess would be that it spent time in a flooded basement..

Larry

WEBellSystemChristian

I saw this one a couple weeks ago.

I would guess a few swift whacks with a hammer to the base would probably shatter it to the point of removing the housing, if it's stuck.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AL_as_needed

I have/had a 302 junker for parts that look about as rough. That particular one sat on a surface shared with a leaky battery.... Needless to say, not much in the way of parts came from that one.
TWinbrook7

Dan/Panther

A little sanding, a little polish, It will be just like new.
It may need a few minor parts, Transmitter, Receiver, Dial, Ringer, assorted internal parts, Cords, and If you are really particular, you may consider a new base for it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson