News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Rolodex

Started by oldguy, April 02, 2016, 01:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

So the one of the ladies at church (Diana) was going through the office supplies at a new (to us) church building complex we bought as a second campus & called me over (I do building maintenance for the church since I retired & was there doing some repairs). She said "Gary look what I found, they will go great with your vintage phones". She had found a couple of old Rolodex files. I agreed. I was wondering if the cards were still available. Then one of the other ladies (Carol) said, "you may want these too". She had found probably about 1000 Rolodex cards & clear sleeves for business cards. I think they will go well with my phones. The small one will go on my desk, since now I have to use my iPhone as a contact list when I want to make a call, because I'm spoiled by smart phones so I don't remember phone numbers any more. I also don't get cell service at home, so I use my vintage phones. It will be fun using a Rolodex again.
Gary

unbeldi

Many people still use these and the cards can be bought at Staples.

andre_janew

I remember those!  You might say that people would keep their list of contacts in one of these.

compubit

Our 2 Accounts Payable ladies at work use Rolodex cards/holder for information they reference on a regular basis.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Phonesrfun

The Rolodex is an appropriate "go-with" item for old phones.  They were as ubiquitous in offices as phones themselves.
-Bill G

JimH

Reminds me of a friend of mine that got one for Christmas several years ago.  When he unwrapped it and saw what it was, he said to his wife:  "I said a Rolex!"  ;D
Jim H.

oldguy

Gary

19and41

You may also be able to find the punch that notches the bottom of cards to put in the file.  On the smaller files, you can put business cards directly into them after notching.  I have a library of stereo slides that I keep in the plastic file folders in my Rolodexes.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

oldguy

I got a punch like 19 and 41 suggested, it worked great.
Gary