"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Chicago snow

Started by MagicMo, February 17, 2014, 07:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

I'm stuck inside again!!
I guess going in the hot tub is out of the question! What's the weather like in your neck if the woods? We are warming up next week. I wonder where all the snow will go!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

LarryInMichigan

A snow bath might be refreshing 8)

Larry

HarrySmith

We just had a cold front come through so it has been down in the 50's & 60's at night and only gets up to about 76 during the day ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Supposed to get 3-6 more inches here tonight (Detroit Area).  Then 44 for a high on Thursday.  I don't know that we've been above freezing for quite a while now.  It will be like summer time!

DavePEI

We get it Wednesday and then rain mixed with snow=>rain on Thursday and Friday.... Will you guys in the U.S. please stop sending us the weather you don't want!  :)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Phonesrfun

Oh, you guys and gals are killing me!

Eastern Washington State:

Last week we had about 9 or 10 inches of snow in a couple days.  It was in the teens and single digits for about a week.  Then **POOF** it got warm.  Close to 60 for a couple days.  Today was 56 and sunny for some of the day.  Needless to say, all the snow is gone.  The only remnants are the big piles in various parking lots and the sides of some streets where the snow was plowed.

Where did I put my sunglasses?

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

We have a lot of snow here in the Detroit area, but nothing like what they've been hit with on the East Coast, right guys?  No flooding here (yet), nothing burning, no drought, no hurricanes, tornadoes or other disasters.  Life is good.

WesternElectricBen

In Minnesota we have just been getting snow after snow, a few weeks ago, we had snow every other day. Then -20 degree weather, until today, where we got about 5 or so inches.

Ben

ESalter

Here in Eastern Iowa we got 5 inches today on top of the 5 or 6 inches on the ground we already had.  The temp thisafternoon was really nice then tomorrow it's supposed to be around 40.  I don't know where all this water is going to go when the snow melts.  It'll be a nice sloppy mess, I'm betting.

---Eric

WesternElectricBen

I must agree with Eric, we both did get 5-6 inches, though I think we already had a foot on the ground.

It is suppose to be 40 degrees for 1 or 2 days this week, I hope it is all gone!

Ben

Russ Kirk

Just hope there is not bad flooding when the snow melts.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WesternElectricBen

We just had 40° weather today, it is so nice, though the snow is barely melting.

Ben

twocvbloke

All us brits have been getting is rain, rain and more rain, with a little scattering of snow, causing a lot of flooding down south, I want winter to be here, not this rainy season we seem to have... :(

DavePEI

So much for the Chicago snow. It is striking us here today, and was forecast to be 2 cm overnight with up to 10 cm today - instead, since midnight, we have been getting minimum two to four centimeters an hour, and they are now forecasting a further 15 cm before noon.

Funny thing. Weather office just caught up with the weather, and now say we may get a further 25 cm (8 a.m.)

Had to cancel an appointment in town - the plows haven't even gone by and the road is plugged with ten inches of snow and further drifting. It is showing no signs of letting up. Did I ever say I hate winter?

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Russ Kirk

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 18, 2014, 05:15:29 PM
All us brits have been getting is rarin, rain and more rain, with a little scattering of snow, causing a lot of flooding down south, I want winter to be here, not this rainy season we seem to have... :(

I understand the jet stream that causes the US Midwest/eastern snow storms causes The excessive rain in the UK.  At the same time is causes the lack of rain and droughts in California/western US.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI