News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BELL SYSTEM Western Elect. TEAL DIAL Phone F1/302? eBay400213104488

Started by Doug Rose, May 11, 2011, 09:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone follow this auction? The Blue 302s still retain their value, don't they??

http://tinyurl.com/62xojhm
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

I don't know who the winner is, but anyone who follows the high end auctions will know the person in second place....Doug
Kidphone

Wallphone

Someone said that a***a (wycor_e-sales_canada) was the same person as nano011 but I don't know if that is a fact or not. I do know that a***a has been throwing thousand dollar bills at BSP's lately so it could be the same person.
Doug Pav

Dennis Markham

With no cords either.  Guess I'm going to keep searching for one at the flea market.  If I ever get one, that's how I'll get it.....

HarrySmith

Yeah, I was told that was the same person by an ATCA member who was bidding on the same phone I was that was sniped by him.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jester

I imagine the crack free cover & minimal staining/ discoloration were contributing factors in the final price.  The specimen Doug wound up with is much nicer, and was less than a third of the final price for this auction.  I should also mention that Doug horse traded for his blue 302, so the money gap between his and this one is even larger than it would appear.
Stephen

Tom B

I'd like one of the blue 302's but I don't see me ever paying that sort of money. One eBay UK seller from Jersey in the Channel Islands was offering a red 302 and a blue one in great condition for £1000.00 for the pair.
My wife would have gone ballistic! :D
Tom

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jester on May 11, 2011, 03:00:09 PM
I imagine the crack free cover & minimal staining/ discoloration were contributing factors in the final price.  The specimen Doug wound up with is much nicer, and was less than a third of the final price for this auction.  I should also mention that Doug horse traded for his blue 302, so the money gap between his and this one is even larger than it would appear.
thanks Stephen....I have to say that mine is like brand new. I can't really find a problem at all, except the spades are off the line cord! I did "horse trade" for mine. I sold a victrola that I had purchased at a yard sale for $1000 and turned around and bought my Blue 302 on eBay for a BIN of $1000. Right time, right place. With paypal fees and yard sale price for the victrola, my Blue 302 cost me $120. I was extremely fortunate. Below is a link to my last summer's find....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3704.0
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Doug Rose

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 12, 2011, 12:21:02 AM
Wow, a real beauty!

-Bill
thanks Bill....it is like new old stock. I doubt it was ever used. I was extremely fortunate. I had given up hope of ever finding one....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Doug;
To bid $600.00 over the next highest bidder and loose by $25.00 is a heart breaker.
However since you already have the teal 302, now you still have $24.50 to bid on the next Gem.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson