News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How Do I Get This OPEN!!!

Started by Doug Rose, August 07, 2016, 09:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I want to replace the broken hook switch, I finally got it loose so I could unscrew the top by the stem....NADA. Any Help would be greatly appreciated....Doug
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

Doug   ...  I haven't any experience with this type of stick, but looking closely at one of your pictures, it would almost appear as though the perch is actually a "cap" affair, and it has knurling around the lower circumference.     The presence of knurling usually indicates that something has been designed to screw on and screw off.     Knurling provides assistance in getting a grip on whatever needs to be taken apart.   There is also a recess locating just under the perch cap, which is also a good indicator of something that's been threaded into place.   I'd be willing to bet the perch cap threads onto that collar at the top of the stem.    It's worth a shot.     I've "doctored" one of your pictures to help explain my "theory".

Jeff Lamb

Doug Rose

Jeff ...I have the knurled cap loose, but it will not release.

John....here is the bottom...Doug
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

Ok, Doug.   I wasn't sure if you were referring to that perch cap or not.    Here's a CRPF link from 2013, where the issue was discussed, and several members explained the process.    As soon as they mentioned "pin", it jogged my memory.    There's a pin in the perch assembly you need to remove.

Here's the link : http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9336.0

Jeff

TelePlay

Is this the pin?

Ktownphoneco

Yes, that would be the pin that has to be driven out.     Here's a better picture.

Jeff