Main Menu

BoBo Phone - I’ve never seen one before today

Started by markosjal, January 13, 2018, 10:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

markosjal

Quote from: paul-f on January 28, 2018, 12:24:31 PM
Here are a few photos showing the plungers in both clear plastic and metal and the bottom cover. I haven't uncovered any internal photos and sold my last BOBOs several years ago.

The first has an advanced case of color fading.

No parts laying around?
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

paul-f

Quote from: markosjal on January 28, 2018, 02:03:31 PM
No parts laying around?

I don't think there's anything left, but will keep you in mind if any BOBO-like parts catch my eye.

AE_Collector

Paul, obviously the marketing person in you sold the discoloured BoBo as a Camo BoBo?

The discolouration matches the handset so it looks like it is in camouflage to me.

Terry

paul-f

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 28, 2018, 04:13:29 PM
Paul, obviously the marketing person in you sold the discoloured BoBo as a Camo BoBo?

The discolouration matches the handset so it looks like it is in camouflage to me.

Terry

I (fortunately) never owned that one. The photos were on-line and I enjoyed seeing the pattern on someone else's phone.  8)

Perhaps we should start a topic on sun tanned phones.

AE_Collector

Quote from: paul-f on January 28, 2018, 04:51:37 PM
Perhaps we should start a topic on sun tanned phones.

The story of (sort of) modern day phone collectors lives!

Terry

markosjal

Although I have sent numerous emails I have not received a reply for any Bobo Phone parts.

Now moving on to the subject of the missing base and how I might make something work.

I found 2 lead weights that I think came out of NT Jazz handsets. The fit nicely on the screw holes and having the extra weight on bottom sure helps. I think the rubber base must have had lead weights in them somehow or somewhere.

In the photo you see the weights but I think the original base provides support to keep the two sides together as well so between phone plastic and the lead weights, I need a plate that is rigid enough to serve this purpose. For the feet of the lead weights I can use a thin sheet of rubber then match the height on the rear and front of the phone or plate with stick on rubber feet.

If anyone has a better idea, I would love to hear it. 
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish