Main Menu

Watching this? $305 for a Refurbed 1970 500 set

Started by Doug Rose, October 26, 2015, 06:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

mentalstampede

My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

twocvbloke

DiaLen

I figure it shows what a good photo can do for ya.
Be faithful to the commitments of your life.

andre_janew

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 26, 2015, 06:06:41 PM
What can't I get two buyers like this???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281833244541?
My thoughts exactly!   I had to remove a dial from a phone and turn it into a dial-less manual phone just to get one lousy bid of $8 for it and this guy is getting more than $300 for a phone that has a dial!

Phonesrfun

When I wave the mouse over the pictures to get the macro view, some of them seem to reveal some orange-peel as if it was spray-painted.

Particularly the rear view photo # 5 around the back hand-hold area near the Bell System logo badge.
-Bill G

podor

That just seems crazy. I'm still learning, but I see a $30 phone here. What am I missing?

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

andre_janew

It is also shiny.  Must be two bidders who like red shiny phones.

Doug Rose

Quote from: podor on October 26, 2015, 08:05:02 PM
That just seems crazy. I'm still learning, but I see a $30 phone here. What am I missing?
Maybe $50...you aren't missing anything...two overzealous bidders...with deep pockets.....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 27, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Quote from: podor on October 26, 2015, 08:05:02 PM
Maybe $50...you aren't missing anything...two overzealous bidders...with deep pockets.....Doug
I'd guess they were two people who have no experience in the phone hobby, but rather wanted a red phone as a 'conversation piece'. It apparently looked a little too shiny for two people... ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Interesting bidding patterns of the two interested at a high price buyers.

y***f went in at $100, $150 and $300 upping his bid each time 2***3 exposed his high bid by way of placing numerous minimum bids. I guess y***f felt the phone wasn't worth more, or he wasn't willing to pay more than $300 and gave up when his $300 high bid was exposed a day and a half before the contest ended. No snipes.

Two bidders and one of them bowed out at $300 letting the other take it home for $305.

I'm sure the seller's happy . . .

andre_janew

I'd sure be happy to get $305 for one of my phones!