News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC 1197a

Started by Pourme, August 21, 2017, 05:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

I have a strong desire for a Fatboy 1212. While looking on EBAY for one I ran across this 1197a. The seller wanted $99.00 I offered $50.00+ shipping and they accepted...real fast. The speed of their acceptance made me a bit nervous.

It arrived this past Friday. It is wired incorrectly according to the diagram in the base. I removed the incorrect handset cord and installed another incorrect cord I had on my bench. I don't have the subset so I won't have it working at this time anyway.

Cosmetically,  it's in really nice condition....cleaned up well! At this time I don't care that it doesn't work. The inside looks to be in near new condition as well, so I feel it can be made to work with the correct supporting pieces. It will look real good on display next to my Fatboy when I bite the bullet and buy the one I have my eye on.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Nice phone at a good price Benny.
Gary

rdelius

The handset on the larger photos is the correct one except the mouthpiece and band are Leich-how did they do that?

Pourme

It don't fit well....It looks a bit odd as well. That explains that.
Benny

Pourme

I posted a detailed description of the parts I need in the Wanted section of the forum.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18737.0

Thanks,
Benny
Benny

19and41

Looks good!  I've never seen one away from this forum.  Thanks for sharing!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke