News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

51A control Interphone System and 3 10 button TT phones

Started by Russ Kirk, February 13, 2013, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

I will let Terry decide if this warrants an auction contest.  I see another 51A controller is getting over $700  - so this auction may be big ticket item.   If this is a CRPF auction contest my estimate is $1500.  Second thought I will go for $2000...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271155612246

1960’S WESTERN ELECTRIC INTERPHONE SYSTEM
51A CONTROL UNIT DATED 6/61
1558D 10 BUTTON TOUCHTONE GREEN WALL PHONE WITH RINGER CONTROL ON TOP DATED 8/1965
1558D 10 BUTTON TOUCHTONE GREEN WALL PHONE WITH RINGER CONTROL ON TOP DATED 11/1965
1712B  10 BUTTON TOUCHTONE TURQUOISE  PRINCESS PHONE DATED 10/1965

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

cello973

Is that what an interphone controller looks like? I think we have one in the scrap pile at the shop... we just pulled out some equipment from a house that was converted in to office space and we cleared out some wall space for the new mdf... I thought it was part of a 1a key but it looks just like this. I will have to check tomorrow.
Vince

AE_Collector

I say lets go for it as it is something different! Only problem is that I just took a look at the auction and I'm assuming that there was a reserve. A reserve that has now been met as D***2 [3] (unknown to me) bid repeatedly until he made the reserve which was apparently FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS! So...YOU WIN RUSS!

I don't think that there is any room left for an interesting contest on this one....is there? Will be interesting to see if it really sells or if it lands back on ebay before too long.

By the way, D***2 is bidding Big Bux on the 2211 Spacesavers as well.

cello973: Run, don't walk back to work before the garbage guys get there!!!

Terry

Russ Kirk

Wow!  I see the other auction for the controller closed at $2035 and one 730a speaker closed last night for $1324.   My $2k estimate was way off and this auction may even go higher than the current $5k bid.   Frankly, I just don't see the value in the speakers and controllers.......   
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

zapper

Hello all,
some of you may remember my purchase of the above items last July,  they won find of the month! On a whim I listed the items with a reserve of $5,000.
The lead bidder as you have noticed  has the high bid's for the 2  t.t. 211's.  He also won the  The 51a and door speaker (Over $3,000). Either he's a new deep pocketed buyer or???
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Zapper

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

cadman

I've never heard of an Interphone system before. Could someone enlighten me as to how this setup worked?  ???

*Update- thanks for the links guys. Tried searching initially but didn't realize I had to be at the main page.*

AE_Collector

Can't look now but don't we have a topic, possibly stickyed on these?

Terry

poplar1

Quote from: cello973 on February 13, 2013, 06:25:38 PM
Holy Cr@p is that what an interphone controller looks like? I think we have one in the scrap pile at the shop... we just pulled out some equipment from a house that was converted in to office space and we cleared out some wall space for the new mdf... I thought it was part of a 1a key but it looks just like this. I will have to check tomorrow.

51A---1A Home Interphone
54B---2A Farm Interphone
55A---3A Speakerphone with Rotary Phones
55A*--3A Speakerphone with Rotary or Touch-Tone Phones
55B---3A Speakerphone with Rotary or Touch-Tone Phones

3A:
SECTION 512-620-100
Issue 5, January 1971
AT&TCo Standard

2A:
Section 512-515-200, Issue 5, Dec. 1967 which is actually miscoded as
"512-515-100 bc."
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

whoever got the 51A controller on ebay really wanted it bad.... david in ohio thanks you! I was amazed at the closing bid! WOW! talk about rarity! for anyone looking for the BSP on the interphone... the papers are in the TCI Library! look them up!
John

AE_Collector

Auction completed at $5,000.00! Congratulations zapper!

Terry

Babybearjs

Good Greif! that best be for the whole lot! you guys must love throwing your money around...  showing the picture of all the equipment makes it look like these arent so rare after all..... so.... whos hiding the rest of these???
John

AE_Collector

What happened with cello973? He suspected e had one or more at work. Any luck?

Terry