News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contest #1

Started by Mark Stevens, January 19, 2009, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

If you plan to give hints, maybe the decade, the studio, or about what part of the film the screen capture came from.
Not too much info just to eliminate about a million movies. This is tough but still fun.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

BDM

Really need a hint or two.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

rp2813

OK, so this screen capture is exactly the same as it was originally shot?  No zooming in or cropping needed because it was shot this close up in the film?   Can we presume that in this shot, the phone (subset) was ringing and that's why the camera was zeroed in on it?

Ralph
Ralph

Mark Stevens

Quote from: rp2813 on January 22, 2009, 12:41:23 PM
OK, so this screen capture is exactly the same as it was originally shot?  No zooming in or cropping needed because it was shot this close up in the film?   Can we presume that in this shot, the phone (subset) was ringing and that's why the camera was zeroed in on it?

Ralph

The screen capture hasn't been cropped, it's just like it appears in the film.  Yes, the phone was ringing.  Hey, did you trick me into giving out a clue?  (but it's not much of one  ;))

Mark Stevens

Quote from: BDM on January 22, 2009, 12:20:51 PM
Really need a hint or two.

I've got a couple of ideas for hints, but I don't want to toss them out yet.  (in a few days)

Dan/Panther

Is your goal to give away the phone, or would you like to stump us.
I see nothing wrong with carrying the prize over into another month.
D/P

Dan/Panther

A Star Is Born, 1937.

D/P

McHeath

mienaichizu

still cant figure out where that phone was captured ???

mienaichizu

a wild guess, The Fountainhead?

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan/Panther on January 22, 2009, 09:04:03 PM
Is your goal to give away the phone, or would you like to stump us.
I see nothing wrong with carrying the prize over into another month.
D/P

It's occurred to me that I could carry it over, but I don't want to see the whole contest thing loose steam because we didn't have a winner.  I'd really prefer to see someone get it.  We'll see how it goes.

Mark Stevens

Quote from: McHeath on January 23, 2009, 12:03:56 AM
Citizen Kane

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time you've guessed that movie?
It still isn't Citizen Kane!!!!  ;D

Mark Stevens

Mark Stevens

I can't say why I need to stress this (without giving something away), but I want it understood that full titles are necessary.  This isn't horseshoes, and close doesn't count.  If the movie is Citizen Kane (and it isn't...McHeath!), don't tell me it's that movie with Orson Welles and a sled.  I need a specific and accurate title.  If you're close but wrong I'm not going to tell you that "you're almost there".  You'll just be wrong. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I can easily see someone giving me an answer that's "in the ballpark" but too vague, too general.  Carry on!

Dennis Markham

Mark, is it like Jeopardy?  Do we have to say "What is..........." first??  :)