News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The boy moved out

Started by McHeath, July 22, 2011, 12:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Well yesterday at 11:55 in the morning my 19 year old son, only child, moved out.  He did it in rather spectacular fashion, having just graduated from high school last month he got a job with some family members on their Montana ranch/farm.  He'll be living about 50 miles from the nearest store, near the Canadian border.  Since we live in California he's driving it, and should arrive tomorrow.  

This is pretty much a dream fulfillment moment for him, and I bet he grinned for the first 500 miles of the trip.

JorgeAmely

I still have a few years before mine leave.  :'(
Jorge

Dan

I am going through this too. My oldest is a college junior, but he commutes from home. The second son is moving into the dorms in a few weeks and the wifey is a little depressed. I remember going to the dorms in 1980, but it seems like yesterday. I am happy for my son.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

wds

I noticed the two bags of Lays Potato Chips in the front seat - if he has a couple cans of Mt. Dew in the cooler, he should be fine for a couple hundred miles at least!  My daughter is finally giving up her bedroom next Friday - moving to Pittsburgh to go to Law School.  Not real happy about her choice of professions, but at least I have another room for my phones!
Dave

Adam

So, you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a phone-in-law.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Russ Kirk

Just think,  you can now fill up his old room with your telephone collection!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Great photo, Heath.  I'm know it's a bittersweet moment.  Life marches forward and this is part of it.....

It's like the songs says......these are the good ole days.

McHeath

Thanks for the comments everyone. 

Yes those are chips and Dr. Pepper in the front seat.  And on the floorboard are the weights for his weight bench, which was the first thing he packed.  So we set off on a new life with all the essentials of youth; soda, chips and workout gear. :D

Haven't even gone into his room yet, a little overwhelming at this point. :'(