News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

odd Asian phone need help with modular plug hook up

Started by Lee58, September 28, 2016, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee58

Can anyone help? thx Has a red,blue and white wire. Not sure how to attache plug. Does not seem straight forward.

dsk

It is not easy to tell, but you may test it until you get the answer.  a small 9V battery will be what you need to figure out the voice path. 

Try the battery between 2 and 2 wires at the time until you hear yourselves when speaking in the handset.

Try it on a telephone line, if it does not ring the last of the 3 wires should be tried to connect to one of the others, and then try to call the phone, if not OK test the other possibility.

With the first battery pictured on this page, the testing will be safe; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-volt_battery

dsk

Babybearjs

I would follow the old wiring method... Black Red....could be line and the white could be ground, or bell... beautiful phone... love the MOP inlay... (mother of Pearl) once you get the line wires, try calling the number the phone is attached to.... if the bell doesn't ring, tie the white wire to one of the other wires (black or Red) and see if the phone rings....Asian electronics are a lot different then what we are used to....hope this helps....
John

twocvbloke

Looks Japanese to me (seen them under a few names, including Oki who later went on to produce printers!). The White & Red seem to be labelled as L1 and L2 (the L1 is a guess as it's obscured by the Blue wire), so best start from there, the middle Blue one could be the bell wire for the ringer, if not leave disconnected...

I'm sure there's been discussion on Japanese telephone wiring before, but they seem to differ internally based on the different manufacturers, but externally look the same (minus the decoration)...

dsk

It is lot of "national" standards.
In Norway we used to use Red Whit and Blue (Flag colors) Red and White = Ring and Tip. Blue for ringer (strap to white for bridged rining).

dsk

LarryInMichigan

It looks like two of the terminals are marked "L1" and "L2".  Those would be connected to the telephone line.  You may need to connect another terminal to one of those to make the ringer work.  You can determine that by experimentation.

Larry

Lee58

Much thanks to all. Will play with it this weekend.

rdelius

Lee58

Correct I just found that out. thank you
The phone dial is in Korean and it says "keep it
short and simple"