News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ID for Automatic Electric dial

Started by poplar1, January 17, 2013, 08:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Anyone recognize this dial? It has 3 sets of normally open contacts in addition to the pulsing contacts. It has a rectangular gray plastic faceplate with no markings and the outside finger stop as on an AE 80.

My friend took pictures with his I-phone and emailed them to me, but they are .bmp and 14.3 MB each so way too large for here.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

How does the rectangular gray faceplate compare to a Starlite dial with faceplate?

Terry

AE_Collector

David sent me pictures. I looked and looked at them thinking I had seen dials like them before....somewhere. Then it came back to me. I am not absolutely certain yet but I think they are AE 120A/120B Single Slot Payphone dials / brackets. Thus no numbers / letters as an enamel plate goes over them with the numbers / letters.

Terry

rdelius

It is for a GTE single slot paystation

AE_Collector

The only unfortunate thing is that every one of these that I saw in service had the chrome FW's on them.

Terry

mst269

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 18, 2013, 12:15:07 PM
The only unfortunate thing is that every one of these that I saw in service had chrome FW,s.

Very interesting, both of my GTE/AE single-slots have plastic fingerwheels with the center screw, just like this one.

Richard