News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Diagram for replica phone?

Started by axil, April 10, 2016, 01:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

In Western Electric parlance, this was a Design Line phone and specifically it was call the Cradlephone, of which they made several cosmetic variations.

The wiring of yours should be very similar even though the board may not be identical.

Perhaps the BSP for the WECo Cradlephone helps:

503-200-108 i2 7603 Cradle Phone--Telephone Sets;881A102,881B102,881A103,881B103,881A104, and 881B104

(attached)

axil

thx that's damm close! I think I got the handset right but the wires from the dial are different colors??

dsk

Try to connect your dial color Yellow to terminal BL, Blue to G, White to to R and Red to BK.

dsk

axil

Quote from: dsk on April 12, 2016, 01:07:16 PM
Try to connect your dial color Yellow to terminal BL, Blue to G, White to to R and Red to BK.

dsk

thx my options are actually: B - GN - RR - F - C - IL - R  as per original pic.

unbeldi

You should be able to figure out which wire goes where, by looking at the rear of the dial and checking which contacts produce the pulses when dialing.  The other two are the shunt contacts.   Polarity in either case doesn't matter, what is important is that you the switches are identified with their corresponding wire colors.

dsk

Try to connect your dial color Yellow to terminal F , Blue to RR, White to to GN and Red to R.

dsk

PS
(I used the letters from the old WE dial in my last explanation)
ds

axil

Quote from: dsk on April 14, 2016, 02:26:59 AM
Try to connect your dial color Yellow to terminal F , Blue to RR, White to to GN and Red to R.

dsk

PS
(I used the letters from the old WE dial in my last explanation)
ds

thx I got a dial tone...then when I tried to call the phone from another line I got a busy signal. When I checked the phone again there was no dial tone?? Maybe I cooked it! Or the handset is wired wrong.

dsk

You cant ruin anything by mixing up some cords  :)

dsk