Main Menu

Speaking of Birthdays - Average Age of Forum Members

Started by Dennis Markham, November 09, 2010, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Well, I guess I'm just an "ordinary average guy"

Bushman

Dan/Panther

I just turned 61 last month. I've come to realize it is never to late until you are dead.
I recently (4 months ago) started to play the Guitar. Never played an instrument until 4 months ago. Well I finally did my first solo performance of playing and singing a song by my self at church, two weeks ago Monday. I was petrified, but I was told I didn't do to badly. I didn't miss a chord, but my strumming needs work. But still after only 4 months at 60 years young. I feel good about it. I started to practice July 7th, and have played  2 hours a day every day since, with the exception of 3 days when my Friend and Partner Kaw-Liga passed away, even then I managed to practice a few minutes to get my mind focused. I recently become friends with 2 new guys art church, and find out they both are very good Guitar players.
I'll be looking up Finlover here in about another 6 to 8 months.
BTW, Guitars are as addictive as Phones, I went from one my Mom gave me, now I have 5. They are all different types however.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Tonyrotary

Hey one thing I have learned, age is but a number. I took a physical test in the National Guard last month. I ran the two mile run in 13:05. For my age group I had until 17:18 before I failed. Needless to say I maxed my run time. I beat even all my younger soldiers. Heck I was the fastest person in my unit. The next guy ran 13:10. Age is but a number!

AE_Collector

Kenny C

i'm 14 ha i am still on the drive to the hill before I start climbing
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Kidphone

carl

Okay,so far I'm the oldest,as I turned 69 in August.I'd better stop turning or I'll go to 96!
Still working,still smoking cigars,driving my vintage Jag,which is just like me..
old but in good condition.Best,Carl  NYC

Dennis Markham

Carl, you're not the oldest (of those that declared their age)...check out May 5th on the calendar.

JorgeAmely

Jorge

cchaven

It seems at 45 that I'm right on the average age for the group..though it took me far longer than a lot of you to get into the telephone hobby. 
Jeff

McHeath

Dave Zemens

Just turned 55 last week for me.  But I still don't feel any older than ... about 54.   :o
Dave Zemens
1955 Design | Rochester, Michigan
Website Design & Development
Custom WordPress Themes & Plugins