News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New project. AE stick, sort of.

Started by HarrySmith, December 03, 2011, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

The newest project from my local customer, this guy just keeps buying stuff for me to modify for him. This is supposed to be a Christmas present for his wife! This is an AE stick, I believe, since it has an AE transmitter which it came with and seems to be correct.  He supplied a mouthpeice which looks like a repro and it does not fit properly, threads are not correct, I think it is a WE part. Anyone got an AE mouthpiece for sale cheap or want to trade for this WE one? He gave me a WE #5 dial for it and a repro transmitter. All new cords from OPW. He had the stick painted and it looks pretty good. I am probably going to be asking for help when it comes time to wire this mongrel but for now I have to work on the bell box, which he just gave me tonight. The box appears homemade, looks like it was cut down, maybe from a 2 or 3 boxer? I will be using a WE condensor & coil in it. Also looks like the same type frequency ringer as the last one I worked on for him so I guess I will be nibbling some more! My question is what is the proper wire for the outside terminals on it. I think it would look cool with proper wires on front for the line cord. I assume they would be solid copper cotton wrapped but I am not sure.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

OK. I found a diagram for the stick in the repository, attached below. I now need to add the WE #5 dial to it but I cannot figure it out. Both have 5 connections but I cannot match the AE description to the WE dial. The diagrams I found for the WE dial do not differentiate between shunting & pulsing contacts. Any advice?
Next is wiring it to the subset. The box is Kellogg, I found the name on the capacitor. That looks fairly straightforward from the diagram.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"