"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Creepy OTR (Old Time Radio) Shows

Started by Mark Stevens, September 08, 2008, 01:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Steve on December 24, 2008, 12:16:22 AM

Creepy old radio shows are best enjoyed on strange old radios :)

You know, I've got a couple of creepy old radios that I'll have to post photos of.  I don't know anything about them, and y'all can probably tell me if they're trash or treasures.  I'll do that after Christmas!  ;)

Steve

Quote from: HobieSport on December 24, 2008, 03:12:48 PM
It looks like it's about to say       "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that..."

http://www.radiophile.com/rca8x682.htm

Dave's not here man...  ;D
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

mdodds

ROTFL!  A 2001 and Cheech and Chong reference in one post! Y'all must be as old as I am :)

mdodds

If you want the motherlode of OTR programming (creepy or otherwise) visit www.archive.org. The best collections there are done by the Old Time Radio Researchers Group (OTRR). At present, their Suspense series comprises 36 zip files, each of which extracts to a collection of shows in mp3 format (around 20-22 shows per file) along with relevant pictures, synopsis, alternate versions etc.
OTRR researches the shows, finds all the material they can about them and pulls it all together along with the best available version of each show.
There are also lots of OTR shows that haven't gotten the OTRR treatment yet. More old time radio than you can ever listen to and it's free!

electric al

Quote from: HobieSport on December 20, 2008, 06:25:30 PM
Steve, just describe the description (reduntandly) of the radio as best you can.  I'll put on my private detective fedora and look for it.

Did you say it was a maybe a Zenith?  Can you further describe your assailant?

I'm not a cop.  I don't carry a badger.  Just interested.

I don't carry a badger ?

Maybe you OTTER !!!    ;D
Never met a phone I didn't like !

princessphone

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.
John