News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Find WE B1 102 Great Ivory Paint

Started by Doug Rose, October 17, 2010, 12:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Collectors...here is a real nice B1 102 I found on eBay. It was a dingy yellow, but with some elbow grease and Norvus II, it came out really nice. I think it was cigarette smoke as it was really hard to remove. The drawback is it was a lamp and the handset has a hole in it and is not operational. Still displays really well. I am thinking of going back to a lamp. It is still an eye catcher....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Beautiful, Doug.  Great phone.  I like your local dial card.  Is that original or one you made??  Looks very nice.  Let's work on getting that spit cup aligned properly.  :)

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 17, 2010, 12:33:58 PM
Beautiful, Doug.  Great phone.  I like your local dial card.  Is that original or one you made??  Looks very nice.  Let's work on getting that spit cup aligned properly.  :)
Dennis....these personal cards were made for me by Dave Johnson of the ATCA around 8 years ago. He sells phones under Wistful Vista. He is not only a great guy, but does outstanding work. I got colors to match all the WE colors, the Ivory is a dead ringer....Doug
Kidphone

KeithB

Doug, if you move the yellow wire from G to L2 on the network, you'll fix that "dead ringer"  ;)

(Just kidding, obviously.)

Greg G.

If it's going to be a display only piece, instead of going back to a lamp (I hope you were joking!) I would try to fill the hole with some sort of putty and paint it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JimH

Quote from: Kidphone on October 17, 2010, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 17, 2010, 12:33:58 PM
I got colors to match all the WE colors, the Ivory is a dead ringer....Doug

Did you get the Ivory and all the WE colors through Dave Johnson, or where?
Jim H.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

McHeath

Tragic that it was made into a lamp.  Sure is a good looking phone.

Doug Rose

Quote from: McHeath on October 18, 2010, 11:17:43 PM
Tragic that it was made into a lamp.  Sure is a good looking phone.
It is tragic!! The way I figure it, if it had not been made into a lamp, I never would have found it. Especially at that bargain price. The E1 was destroyed when it was drilled, so it will be a display only phone. I am working on a good match to fill the hole. The pictures of the phone looked yellow and scratched. The yellow and the scratches came off with a hard buff with Nevus II....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: KeithB on October 17, 2010, 12:54:49 PM
Doug, if you move the yellow wire from G to L2 on the network, you'll fix that "dead ringer"  ;)

(Just kidding, obviously.)
Keith...I am very slow.....I just got the joke. ...Doug
Kidphone

KeithB

That's okay, Doug.  Sometimes you have to wait a while for the good ones.  ;)

Doug Rose

I have tried to fill the hole in the E1 and nothing I did suits me at all. Does anyone have a E1 shoulder rest that they want to part with. I am looking for Ivory or off white or even white. I always remove these from phones when I get them, now I feel its my only way out. The paint is old and impossible to match and its really tough getting putty or wood filler to match smoothly. Its for looks only, so any one have a E1 or F1 shoulder rest??...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

How about one of those big stickers from "Jones Funeral Home" which I frequently have to remove from handsets on phones I buy :D

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on October 26, 2010, 07:56:09 PM
I have tried to fill the hole in the E1 and nothing I did suits me at all. Does anyone have a E1 shoulder rest that they want to part with. I am looking for Ivory or off white or even white. I always remove these from phones when I get them, now I feel its my only way out. The paint is old and impossible to match and its really tough getting putty or wood filler to match smoothly. Its for looks only, so any one have a E1 or F1 shoulder rest??...thanks...Doug

Doug - have you tried this stuff?  I used it to fill a couple big gouges in my AE 183 with good results.  Just mixed roughly equal amounts and worked them together like putty, adding just a little water to make it workable, and some black pigment.  I got it at Tap Plastics.  I don't think they're in your area, but there's probably a similar business near you.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e