News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Craig's List Find

Started by Doug Rose, March 17, 2018, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I've been on a very lucky streak sitting home waiting for my hip come up to speed. I have been looking at CL more often. I saw this ad from a gent in CT which is close, but along way to go when you cannot drive. I asked him if he would ship it to me and He said no.  A few days went by and he asked me how much shipping would be. I told him I thought $20 would do it. A few more days go by and he said send me a check. I did, couple of false starts but these came today as well.

A real nice WE stick just needs a receiver, all the cords are attached. BUT I am smitten with the Woodie.  Anyone have any idea od the marker.

The ridiculous price for these two was $50 and $20 Shipping.

Yes, I have been on a lucky streak....Doug

https://hartford.craigslist.org/atq/d/vintage-telephone-set-antique/6522555412.html

Kidphone

wds

Looks like my Manhattans.  The transmitter is a little odd.  Would like to see more pictures of the transmitter when you get it.  Would have had a long pole receiver.
Dave

AL_as_needed

Lucky streak in an understatement, even stuck at home you still land some goodies.

Tempted to send you some cash to buy lotto tickets for me  ;D You sir are blessed.
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

Al....lottery tickets don't work for me either.

Dave...it has a real nice steerhook so I agree it would need a long pole, which I do not have.  I got it late today.  I will play with it in the morning and post some pics.

Aside from one bad gong, it is in really nice shape. It is a keeper.....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Dave....I worked on it this morning and here are the pics. Took Howards and was dry in 5 minutes. I got a flash closeup of the transmitter. I replaced the gongs and removed the broken lightning arrester...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

I have gotten a few good deals on Craigslist, so I keep looking even though its been years since I've found a good deal on Craigslist. I'm glad you find them now & then too.
Gary

Doug Rose

Gary....every once in awhile CL is good to me. This was crazy. A Real Nice WE Stick and the Unknown maker woodie for $50.

If anyone has any idea on the maker of the Woodie with the Steerhook, please let me know.

Here is the stick after wiping it down and adding a receiver. More work as the person GLUED the base plate to the stick. Also glued the MP in as well. I have seen glued in MPs before, but never the base glued on  :'(  Real nice *329* transmitter...Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

I think WDS was correct; Manhattan is the manufacturer of that compact wall phone.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

thanks Dave and Ray....I really appreciate the info. My first Manhattan!...Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 19, 2018, 07:53:31 AM
thanks Dave and Ray....I really appreciate the info. My first Manhattan!...Doug
You are welcome sir!  By the way,  have you ever attended the TCI Lancaster PA phone show?  If not, you are really missing out!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

I have never been to a show! Planned on CT. a few times in the past as it was so close,  but something always seemed to come up.  It is on my bucket list....Doug
Kidphone