News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first multi-line phone.

Started by Greg G., April 11, 2011, 11:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cchaven

Great info...I've often wondered what the large red 'B' on the dialcard of my 465G meant.

Jeff

paul-f

Jeremy Walters provided the scan of a worksheet from his collection.  It shows columns for the letters A thru P.  The sets shown had 3 pick-up lines wired.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=3883&Itemid=2
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Adam

OK!  Now I want to know which collector has the highest letter K plan number card retainer!

:)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

Another phone just showed up on eBay with a big red letter on the dial.
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Greg G.

Mine is a 440, so I'm guessing the 440 has to do with the number of buttons on it?  So would this be a 660?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Adam

No, the set pictured above is a 460.  (Could be a 461 if it has an exclusion key, which you cannot determine from the above pics.)

It would be a 464 if it had clear buttons (and associated lamps).

Maybe the second digit has to do with the number of buttons?  I never put that 2+2 together before.  It holds true for the later 4 button 544 and 6 button 564.  Anybody else have any thoughts on that?
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

AE_Collector

That was always my take on the subject. 4xx because it is a multiline version of the 3xx series and they figured that they weren't blowing throiugh all of the possible numbers for the first digits fast enough. Once they hit the 5xx series they decided to put the brakes on and keep the multiline variety of the 5xx's in the 5xx range. The second digits are the number of keys.

Terry

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

I also have the 440EC-3... great lkitle phone, mine is just like yours except it does have the degination windows on it...  just a 4 line phone with lit buttons.... I really love the 400 series... Like the 302, the art deco design is great!
John

Greg G.

For a Fun time...
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e