"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Battery Operated Telephones on eBay

Started by Babybearjs, January 09, 2019, 11:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

;D I found it! that ringer you were looking for!  ;D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TELEPHONE-NOVELTY-BELL-CHIME-A-FREED-NOVELTY-INC/264063560187

Listing Description:  "TELEPHONE NOVELTY BELL CHIME - A. FREED NOVELTY INC. -- This is a telephone ringer "novelty" item, that rings loud & well, and sounds pretty much like your old land-line phone.  Uses a small DC motor powered by a single AA battery.  The size of an old postcard, at 3" X 5", and weighs 5 ounces without a box or packing materials. "
John

Jim Stettler

<modified<

Technically: I call those motorized gongs. :) That is a interesting and cool home brew setup.

As a side note: Some fire Sprinkler systems use a motorized Gong. They are are water powered and activated by the flow of the fire sprinkler system. Cool old technology that still is in use today.
Jim

<Added> The walking  "tractor" lawn sprinklers that track a hose are also water motors,  cool stuff IMHO<
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

tubaman

I think that's a really cool thing.
Elegantly simple in its design.
:)

Edited to add - I hope those gongs are fully adjustable to get the optimum ringing experience!

Babybearjs

so, now for all you who have a box of gongs in your collection, you can start making these! totally simple and puts those pesky parts to use!
John