News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue Office Phone

Started by Babybearjs, March 16, 2012, 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

they do make a 7 watt cfl in red.... but they are hard to locate.... right now the spiral cfl's are all the rage.... 
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 22, 2012, 09:19:39 PM
they do make a 7 watt cfl in red.... but they are hard to locate....

But the 13 Watt ones are easy to find, at least here in the UK... :D

That said, if I used a bulb, even a CFL, inside that phone's case, the hot glue holding the dial in place would melt, and the dial fall inside the thing, there's a reason why I'm not too bothered about breaking it... :D

It'd be fun to build a slightly better phone inside it though, not sure how I'd go about it though, but that's a whole different topic... ;)

Babybearjs

well guys, I got the phone over the weekend....opened it up and found what was left of the original line cord.... hacked right off at the base.... yes, it is the illuminated version- 464GC... dated 10-57! in excellent condition minus the plue paint. got a line cord on it and it tested out fine. all I had to do was oil the keyswitch and the gears on the dial... dials out fine, the hold button works and I'm sure the lights work too, but I need to replace the grommets on the lightbar... they were crumbling when I disassembled the phone for cleaning. I even had to take newspaper out of the handset caps because whoever painted it didnt know what they were doing.... basically, all I have to do is swap out some parts and the phone will be as good as new.... I'll post pictures later once everything is done.  John
John

G-Man

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 21, 2012, 06:53:30 PM
I don't know, but I'm going to find out......no one wanted it, so I bid $40.00 and won it. its going to be fun  cleaning the clear buttons! as far as the shell goes, now that its ruined, I'm going to try to repaint it another color.... the blue is pretty but I want a deeper shade~! also, just so everyone can benefit in later auctions, I'm enclosing the PSB that lists the different model numbers so if one of the "Rouge" phones shows up again, everyone can have a reference point to ID the phone.... (I hope this will help!)  John
Thanks ...
Unlike some scans done by others, you did a good job with this one!
It is nice and clear.

Babybearjs

well, here is the phone now.... all cleaned up and ready to go.... "Forever Blue and Black!
John

HarrySmith

Looks good! Nice cleanup ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

oops! posted that twice, oh well... anyway, thanks! works really good. was going to switchout a straight cloth rec. cord and came across a original vinyl rec. cord for it.... will work for now. what do you think is could be worth?
John