News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sold my 1940's wooden indoor booth.

Started by ....., August 27, 2020, 06:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sold my 1940's wooden indoor booth and a few other pieces to a newly opened restaurant.
Pisanos: Old School in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Sold them the 1940's indoor booth with a non-working Northern Electric Centurion payphone.
The top piece of a aluminum booth with 4 signs.
A 1971 Northern Electric Chrome 233H 3 slot.

I'm glad that they have gone to a place where they can be displayed.

RB

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on August 27, 2020, 06:41:07 PM
Sold my 1940's wooden indoor booth .
I'm glad that they have gone to a place where they can be displayed.

Phone booths are like switchboards and boats.
The two best days of owning them are the day you get it, and the day you get rid of it.
Just a thought,
Jim

I have owned at least 10 booths and switchboards over the years , They are cool to own and play with. They are cool to get rid of when the time comes.  I have never owned a boat.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Quote from: Jim Stettler on August 27, 2020, 11:39:17 PM
Phone booths are like switchboards and boats.
The two best days of owning them are the day you get it, and the day you get rid of it.
Just a thought,
Jim

I have owned at least 10 booths and switchboards over the years , They are cool to own and play with. They are cool to get rid of when the time comes.  I have never owned a boat.

You hit the nail on the head! I enjoyed it while I owned it, but over time it became something in the background.

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Our indoor booth like that has become a closet in the living room it seems.  A catch all for stuff we arent using.    I would consider rehoming it but id have to take out a door casing to get it out,  So it stays put lol.

Ive also got 3 switchboards I picked up at the local auction cheap 45 bucks each.  People said they wanted them,  but now they dont,  So ive got a 2x 551s and a 555 in my workshop that i have zero room for.   Eventually ill have to break em down for scrap which sucks.  But when nobody wants the things what can ya do? 

Doug Rose

I have always wanted a Phone Booth and a Switchboard. They are huge and take up a lot of space. I have a understanding wife who lets me have a whole room for phones.

No can do....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Quote from: phr34k5h0w on August 28, 2020, 11:04:03 AM
Our indoor booth like that has become a closet in the living room it seems.  A catch all for stuff we arent using.    I would consider rehoming it but id have to take out a door casing to get it out,  So it stays put lol.

Ive also got 3 switchboards I picked up at the local auction cheap 45 bucks each.  People said they wanted them,  but now they dont,  So ive got a 2x 551s and a 555 in my workshop that i have zero room for.   Eventually ill have to break em down for scrap which sucks.  But when nobody wants the things what can ya do? 
I would love to take the 555 board off your hands but I am in South Florida. Everything is too far from me!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"