News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Tonyrotary, April 10, 2015, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I don't know if he wants me posting his Facebook stuff here. I will message him.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 11, 2015, 10:09:55 PM
I don't know if he wants me posting his Facebook stuff here. I will message him.
Understood. That would be cool if he could just fill us in on what he's been doing lately with a single post, nothing more would be needed.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Tell Tom to jump into one of those 2 1/2 ton full size 1970's Detroit Irons in his garage and drive over here to CRPF for a couple of hours!

Terry

Partyline4

Hey there Tony! My name is Andy. I collect phones to a moderate extent. Nothing serious yet until I move out from mom and pop.

How did you get started in collecting phones? I look forward hearing from you.

Y'all be sure to let him know about Mark's craigslist haul.

The thread has quietly died, but boy was it fun to read when it first happened!

classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13853.0

Don't want anyone getting a heart attack by surprise!

Tonyrotary

Hi Andy! I got started around maybe 2006? I thought about the rotary phones my Uncle had in the house years ago and looked up rotary phones. Came across a site called old phone works. I bought a white 554, and mounted it in my apartment I had at the time. Loved it though payed too much for it I am sure. A couple years later really got bitten by the bug and found this forum. I was serving overseas during a deployment and started buying phones off ebay. My WE302 was really the one that I really got to refurbish. I wet sanded the case, polished the handset, cleaned the cords, and my then wife touched up the red letters on the dialface. I still want some more phones but my other hobby(guns) has taken the money away lol!

Mr. Bones

Glad to have you back here on the forum, Tonyrotary!

I hope life has smoothed out for you, and look forward to your contributions, questions, etc. It is what makes this a great place to be!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus