News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Double Magneto Ringer Box??? Pictures Added

Started by bob833, January 31, 2018, 07:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob833

There is an auction near me on Saturday and it has a "different" ringer box that I haven't seen before. I am turning to the experts for some info.
I wish I took a picture of it but I didn't, it has what looks like a double magneto. There are two sets of u shaped magnets that are butted together at the open ends. Is this a rare ringer box, who made this, should I "go after it"??  Any information would help, even if I get out bid, which happens because I am CHEAP! ;D Thanks Bob.

TelePlay

Butted together with just one armature, or two (two cranks)? That would increase the juice, twice the magnets.

bob833

It only had one crank, it had multiple contacts on the outside base of the ringer box, and only one set of bells and coils.

TelePlay

That would have been an interesting photo.

wds

Could be home made, or it could be a very early Bell Telephone.  If it's an early, like a coffin phone, I wouldn't be cheap - jump all over it.
Dave

TelePlay

bob833

I wish it was a coffin phone, $11,300!!! Wow!  It isn't that long and the crank is on the side. I will try to stop tonight on my way to work and get a few pictures. I take pictures of everything, ya think I would have taken at least one.

bob833

Here a few pictures of that ringer box, dirty but different!

wds

Quite unusual.  How much are they asking for it?
Dave

RB

That mag has to be hot!
Must have been for extra long loop installs.
I bet it packs a punch!
Will look nice cleaned up.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

David...is this what you want?
Kidphone

HarrySmith

What is the purpose of doubling the magnets??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay