News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory Galion

Started by wds, February 07, 2018, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

The couple of times that I have been tempted to leave bad feedback even though I still came out okay even with the sellers negligence.....I just left no feedback. I think that only twice I have left bad feedback where I didn't come out okay and the seller did nothing to make it right.

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on February 12, 2018, 04:10:07 PM
The Seller stated that there was no insurance on the phone, but he sent it priority mail, so I applied for and received a $50 refund.  Seller says he used to work on North Electric phones - if so you would think he would know how to properly pack a phone.  i'm keeping the phone - just need to decide what kind of feedback to leave the guy.
It was my understanding that seller had to insure items on eBay, not ask if you wanted it. Janet and I insured everything for at least the past five years, maybe longer. Insured Medium Priority Flat box was $15.49 as of this year with $100 Insurance. If it went higher we paid the difference. To me, Medium Priority Flat box Inured is a Telephone sellers best friend.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I agree about Mefium Flat Rate boxes though I wish they had made them just a little higher. Are they 5 1/2" High, even 6" would make them that much better for us Phone shippers. And I don't think that the large box is any higher is it, just larger in the other directions.

Terry

wds

I seem to use mostly the priority mail 8 x 8 x 8 box or the 12 x 12 x 9 box.  Can't beat that free insurance.Although I've noticed that sometimes it's $100 insurance, and sometimes it's $50.  Not sure why the difference.
Dave

Doug Rose

I "think" the Medium Priority is $100 and the local Priority boxes are $50. Janet did the shipping and she is at work now....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Yes, the medium flat rate box automatically gets insured for $100.00.
Thats all I use for shipping phones. Fits perfectly with some bubble wrap.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

Glued back together - dial repaired real nice.  The mouthpiece didn't repair very well, too many small pieces, and some of the pieces were missing - probably fell out of the box.  Over all though it looks pretty good, and I replaced the black handset cord with a brown cloth until I can get a proper Ivory cord.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Very nice.  I believe that the original cords were actually gold.  I used brown cloth on mine until a pair of gold cord miraculously become available.

Larry

Doug Rose

Dave ....that is Find of the Month. It came out fantastic. I had to search the Mouth piece for the damage. It is beautiful.

Larry is correct the original cords are gold, but the brown looks great. You should be very proud of it, not many survived....Doug
Kidphone

Jester

Very nice-- now I want one!
Stephen

kleenax

I think that I have a loose Ivory North handset around here somewhere. And, I wonder if F1 Ivory cap would/could be made to fit? Threads are courser I think....
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC