"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Classic Rotary Phones logo.

Started by Dan/Panther, July 09, 2010, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Debbie;
Could you post the second option with blue background ?
I like the detail of the 302 photo.

Dennis;
I hope you didn't think we were trying to change your heading, I just thought that For a membership decal, the "American" kind of eliminated some participation, having not been aware of your August changes coming, I think now we are mostly all on the same page. This again is a preliminary suggestion, and anything final would have to meet your approval.

Another suggestion is to offer decals all of the same design, but the recipient could choose color.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Debbie, on this last one you did, the blue background looks to be a different color blue....almost gray.  I think the darker blue of your first images really make the image jump out at the viewer.  Can you make it with that color blue?  I like the round ones a little better than the oval shaped logo, but both are great.

Greg G.

Quote from: Dewdrop on July 11, 2010, 07:43:22 PM
here you go

What size do you need the image? I can email you a pdf of the logo.

Debbie

I vote for this one, oval shape with the blue-gray background.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Debbie;
Could you post an oval with the detailed photo, in blue, together with he Round.
I would suggest the design be of the finger wheel size 3". Could you email one each ?
D/P

Dennis Markham

Debbie, are you tired of making logos yet?  Another suggestion...

On the web address, if you could capitalize the first letter of each word...like ClassicRotaryPhones.com it is easier for people to see the words.  The web address is not case sensitive so it will work if people type it in that way.

Thank you.

Dennis

AET

I guess I'm just a status-quo guy.  What's wrong with our current logo?
- Tom

HarrySmith

Very Nice Debbie :D
I prefer the blue oval one myself ;D
As I stated I do not have a good photo editing program or any skills to use one, I just posted a logo to get things going! I am disappointed we only got one other design :(
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Tom;
The intention is to make decals.
D/P

Dan/Panther

Harry;
Your design got things going, and frankly I think it would be hard to top Debbie's drawing.
I think that is why no other suggestions.
D/P

HarrySmith

Yeah, I agree Debbie has a winner but it would be nice to see some other ideas :)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

gpo706

Yes, Debbie's is nice, more clear typefaces with shadowing, my version of Photoshop don't do ovals or circular text sorry!

I'd go with it apart from the suggestion of the background colour, the black phone is gonna be indistinguishable from the blue or blue/grey background even from a short distance, it really needs to stand out as a "phone-shaped" instantly recognisable object, step 10 feet back and all I see is a black mass encircled in dark blue with the text standing out.

Red works, but then again some folks read too much into colours eh, its not like its a cold war communist reference or anything, I know how some people (maybe me here!) could read too much into it, but red's part of the stars and stripes isn't it?

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dennis Markham

Dan, GPO makes a good point.  For decal purposes maybe Red would be better with the black phone. 

Dan/Panther

I preferred the Red all along. It's up to what everyone like, I personally vote RED.
D/P

HarrySmith

Yes, I agree ;D
I was thinking the blue because it matches the forum colors but the red would definetly be more visible and easily reconizable :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

bellsystemproperty

I like the blue decal better than the red one. Why don't we just have two decals, and you can select which one you like? Plus this forum has a lot of blue in its design.

Maybe the 302 could have a dial card in it that says something like 555-2368? A dial card would make it look more complete.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)