News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

OLD Wanted -- Looking for a Kellogg Mouthpice Horn

Started by Doug Rose, April 25, 2013, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone have one of these hanging around. I got a super deal on this old phone, really heavy with the snall round base. The horn was cracked and reglued. Cords are in amazing condition. Message me if you have one for sale or trade....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

Not a Kellogg telephone.Looks like an Ericssion or Federal. Phoneco has mouthpieces that will fit. I think the part number is T300

Doug Rose

thanks Robbie...makes sense. I had never see a base like this....Doug
Kidphone

wds

I just posted a picture of one I bought just like that a few days ago.  Post a picture of the inside of the bottom - mine is not really that heavy, so I'd like to see if there is anything different about yours.  Also, the handset should be marked by someone.  Clean that gold paint off and you've got a great one there.

http://tinyurl.com/bqvhuo4
Dave

rdelius

There might be a diagram inside,pasted to the bottom cover. I think I have seen such sets marked on the hard rubber sleve with the companyPhoneco has mouthpeices

wds

As far as the gold, I'm assuming that gold is just spray paint.  Is that the original finish?
Dave

paul-f

Quote from: wds on April 25, 2013, 07:54:00 PM

Post a picture of the inside of the bottom - mine is not really that heavy, so I'd like to see if there is anything different about yours. 

Here's a different one...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HowardPgh

Kellogg Grabaphone mouthpiece horns are metal.
Howard

wds

Dave

rdelius

Not all kellogg horns are metal (painted brass) the older ones are not and fit a smaller hole than the brass ones.I have seen the pictured set with a celluloid one.

wds

Actually mine is very thin - I just assumed it was bakelite.  How can you tell if it's celluloid?
Dave

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on April 26, 2013, 10:12:32 AM
As far as the gold, I'm assuming that gold is just spray paint.  Is that the original finish?
I haven't had time to do anything with the phone. I do not think it is a spray paint finish, but I will know more when cleaning it up. I have two Kellogg manual sets and one with a dial and a Federal manual set and this seems much heavier. Maybe it just me...Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

Celluloid is thin might have a campher smell .Does not smell like hard rubber.Holds its color well ,flammable