WE 1D2 info

Started by 1MFNPhone, January 09, 2021, 04:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcourtney

1D1 is your rotary dial phone.

Looks like a clean phone.

FABphones

Quote from: 1MFNPhone on January 12, 2021, 12:07:04 PM
Well I got my borescope back. Went through the wire while and key lock is is 29a 33...

Thanks for the update.

Great thread - and another good tip.

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

1MFNPhone

I been doing some reading and seen where a touch tone is a 1D2 and a rotary is a 1D1. Mine must have be modified when it was in service. But when I seen lock was number 33 that confirms it was from the Carolinas which was what I was looking for. Im excited to get it open to see if there is some info inside to see where it may have been located. 

Key2871

Often when those came from rehab they might have had a D1 upper placed on a D2 lower.
It's all a learning process, this place is a great resource to find anything you need to know.
KEN

HarrySmith

Quote from: oldguy on January 12, 2021, 02:35:18 PM
Thanks Duffy & Harry. Duffy, I understood by your wording & pics that it was a pointed bit & thanks for the clarification Harry. I'm a retired auto mechanic, so I have All the tools. This is for the phone in my booth. The glass is missing from the side of the booth with the locks, so I have access. I will probably be working on my AE TT 3 slot before attempting this but I will get back to you when I do.

COOL. I am a former mechanic also. Not yet retired but stopped turning wrenches about 20 years ago. Still in the business, I work at a Toyota dealer as a service advisor now. My fingernails stay clean this way.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

Thanks for the Foghorn Leghorn reference, back when cartoons were good😀
Gary

1MFNPhone

Well I got caught up at work and played around with the vault lock. I used a carbide bit and die grinder on the lock. Worked good. Took about a hour just taking my time not to hit the phone housing.

Key2871

Good work. When I cleaned up my sets, I cleaned the housing well and over sprayed with gloss black holding the can about 10 inches away to maintain the texture but give a good semi gloss finish.
That's how I like my sets, good looking but not over done.
KEN

Jim Stettler

Quote from: 1MFNPhone on January 15, 2021, 08:15:15 PM
just taking my time not to hit the phone housing.
That is the 'Crown Jewel' of advice when drilling out a payphone lock.

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

1MFNPhone

Is the 30 series locks correct for the vault lock? Thats my next purchase.

1MFNPhone

Well. I got her open with my new key and this is what I found. Now let's see if i can wire this for my my shop.

Key2871

Congrats, nice work. Do you know which terminals to connect Tip and Ring? So you can test it for dial tone and dialing, that is if you have that type service.
I keep forgetting a lot of people don't use land lines anymore.
KEN

1MFNPhone

Actually I dont. I was gonna see it I can find it on here. The wire that were originally on it were cut. But the ends are still under the screws.

1MFNPhone

Well I wired it up but no dial tone. But it rings on incoming calls. But nothing when I answer it