News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Old Stock Kellogg Handset???

Started by Doug Rose, May 28, 2014, 02:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked this up last weekend, it was really dirty, but through the dirt I could see the shine this had. I wiped it off with some Howard's Wax and this has the shine that new bakelite has. I remember a while back someone asking if the Kellogg writing on the transmitter cap had white in the letters. Looks more like a cream, but there is color in there. No paste wax was used in cleaning this, just Howard's Liquid. Raining here so I had to use flash pics....Doug
Kidphone

BDM

Nice Doug. I have one that shows a similar color on the writing though not as clearly as yours.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

david@london

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 28, 2014, 02:29:31 PM
I remember a while back someone asking if the Kellogg writing on the transmitter cap had white in the letters.

doug -

i wonder if that was me. i certainly have asked that question.
are you reasonably sure that this is an unused handset ?
i might paint in the lettering on mine........was put off doing it before as i heard it was not the original procedure.

thanks, david

Doug Rose

David...best guess is this is an unused handset. The shine on the bakelite compares to new bakelite handsets that I have. It was not found it a box, and it was dirty, but sure looks new to me. I have no use for it so it will be going to eBay Sunday.....Doug
Kidphone

david@london

thanks doug.
i might msg mike neale on this question of the authenticity of the painted lettering some time............i believe he is the go-to expert on kelloggs.

BDM

I'll need to pull mine out. I clearly remember seeing what I thought to be a cream colored paint on the letters.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Doug Rose

Quote from: david@london on May 29, 2014, 02:33:43 PM
thanks doug.
i might msg mike neale on this question of the authenticity of the painted lettering some time............i believe he is the go-to expert on kelloggs.

Milo Kellogg is the man, see what he thinks. Looks too perfect not to be real...Doug
Kidphone