News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SOLD -- For Sale: CKT Pay Phone with Security Stand & Keys

Started by Nick in Manitou, June 23, 2018, 01:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

I am about to put this on Craig's List locally, but figured I'd post it here first in case anyone on the forum was looking for one of these.

The examples I see on the web are often listed without keys and I have not yet seen one with the heavy duty mounting device that I have.

The phone came to me with a sleeve still partly covering the handset cord. The unit may have seen some service, but not much if it did. The mounting stand looks unused.

The phone was modified to work with the mounting stand by cutting a portion of the bottom of the phone away to allow the coins to drop directly into the locking metal drawer at the bottom. The work done to do this was pretty rough. It is not visible when the phone is in the stand. When the phone is sitting upright on a surface outside of the stand you can see that the cutout on the bottom is not clean by looking at the photo that shows the right side of the phone. I wanted to make sure a potential purchaser was aware of this.

The phone SEEMS to be set up for 7 digit dialing only. The sign says local calls only. I have tested the phone as far as I can, but we have VOIP and it requires that one dials, 1_area code_number, and that does not work with this phone. It does receive incoming calls - the bell rings and it sends and receives well. When I try to dial, it does break the dial tone, but, as I said it doesn't seem to like 1-area code-number as my service requires.

The phone itself is very lightweight, but the stand is stout! A rough weighing on the bathroom digital scale says the combination weighs about 19 lbs.

The dimensions of the combination are about 20" tall x 7 1/2" wide x 11" deep.

It is interesting to note that the instructions say to, "Press green button when party answers", but the button is chrome! I have looked at photos of other CKT pay phones and the button is green on some...

I have attached several photos, but if you want any additional photos, please let me know.

What is it worth to you?

Nick

Fabius

do you have the keys for the stand and the lock on the phone?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Nick in Manitou

Yes I do have the keys for both the stand and the phone (now that I reread my posting, I see that I was not clear about that)...but just earlier today I had the moderator remove this from the active for sale listings because this phone is part of the lot I sold today to Cliff Sullivan (Celnout on eBay). I am sure that Cliff will be offering this for sale.

Sorry about the timing!

Nick

Nick in Manitou

Fabius

Dang! someone beat me to it. I was going to buy it for the keys.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Nick in Manitou

Tom,

I would assume that if you contact Celnout via eBay and let him know you are interested, he would respond.

If you would like, I will mention to him on Tuesday when he comes to collect the rest of the lot, that you are interested. He is not a member of the forum, but might ask for me to connect you two.

Nick

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Nick in Manitou

Tom,

I have written a note re your interest in this phone with your email address on it and will attach it to the phone now so that I don't forget to mention it to Cliff on Tuesday.

Nick

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

poplar1

Can you post pictures of the keys? Do you think blanks are available so that duplicate keys could be made before Cliff picks them up?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Nick in Manitou

I have two of these phones (or Cliff has two of these phones) currently at my home. One is pictured above and has a traditional looking flat key and the other has a round shafted key.

The phone with the stand has the more traditional key.

I have attached a scan of the key. (I hope that I am not breaking any international security standards by doing this!)

If I get a chance I will see if I can find a local locksmith shop with a blank for this key. The key is a "High Class Lock" blank and is stamped with "204".

I have also attached a photo of the lock on the phone for which I don't have a key.

Nick

poplar1

Nick, didn't realize that Cliff was arriving so soon. Not sure which style key was needed -- flat or barrel type.

Are there still boxes that you haven't opened yet? (I keep finding  stuff I'm not looking for,  but not the parts I need (such as 150B number plates or.aluminum finger wheels for 5H dials).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Nick in Manitou

Yes, Cliff and his son are bringing a large truck tomorrow and taking the lot with them. They have already taken a pickup truck-full.

Actually, Cliff might be a better resource for the people here on the forum, as he will probably have the material organized, identified and accessible much more quickly than I would have.

I will see if Cliff wants me to put his contact information onto the forum so that folks who want to may contact him directly.

There are still boxes I never even looked in!

Nick

Jim Stettler

Before Ebay Cliff was a regular at many telephone shows. I have bought many items from him (at shows , and on Ebay).
He is a good guy to deal with.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Nick in Manitou

I went out the afternoon before Cliff picked up the load of phones and tried to find a place that had the blanks so that I could make a couple copies of the key in case it would help someone.

The only place I was able to get to before they all closed for the day did not have that blank.

Cliff now has the phone that was the original subject of this thread and I mentioned that there were people on the forum who were interested in copies of the keys.

Nick