News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new swivel chair

Started by mienaichizu, April 02, 2009, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Just to show off my new swivel chair from the early 1900's. Made by a furniture company from Chicago

McHeath

BDM

Nice old wooden variety. Don't see many of those around any longer, nice ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

mienaichizu

thanks! It is also kinda rare here in the Philippines and fortunately, the seller sold it to me at a cheaper price.

AET

Nice office chair!  Mine don't even have a back haha.  My computer sits on a bar and I sit at a barstool!  Would definately like to have a chair like that and a nice rolltop desk!
- Tom

mienaichizu

this kind of chair would definitely look good with a roll top desk. I've seen one before but my God!, its so expensive.

mienaichizu

the only problem I have with my swivel chair is that it leave scratches on my hardwood flooring because of its steel rollers

HobieSport

Some options Ramil to protect your floor: 
Replace the steel castors with nylon ones (not authentic and might not fit).
Lay down a protective plastic floor mat.  (They sell them just for that purpose).
Or lay down a thin piece of carpet that is stiff enough so that is doesn't wrinkle up when you move the chair. I suggest the plastic floor mats if you can find one there. :)

Bill Cahill

Nice chair!!!!
Love it......
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

You can also get a set of antique porcelain castors.  They're vintage, so they won't look out of place on the chair, and they can be had quite cheap.  They don't leave scratches like the steel ones do.
= DARRIN =

AET

Definately like both chairs.  The finish is very warm on the 1949 model.  Now, I'll be happy to buy that 1949 Model from you if you would kindly throw in a 500 of equal vintage!  ;D
- Tom

McHeath

QuoteFrom what I've read here, those 49ers seem to be the "holy grail" of 500's!

Yes indeed.  There is some debate among us as to if one even exists out there, or if they were only preproduction models and all recalled and changed out.  The oldest we've been able to find for sure is 1950 500s, and I think someplace on here there was a post about some 1950 model 500 with a part dated 1/50, which is pretty close to the semi-mythical 1949. 

AET

You know, there's probably one still wired in some old lady's house somewhere's.  She don't even know what she has sitting there haha.
- Tom

McHeath

And it will probably go into the trash when she moves on, and that will be that. :-\

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on April 03, 2009, 10:50:08 AM
Some options Ramil to protect your floor: 
Replace the steel castors with nylon ones (not authentic and might not fit).
Lay down a protective plastic floor mat.  (They sell them just for that purpose).
Or lay down a thin piece of carpet that is stiff enough so that is doesn't wrinkle up when you move the chair. I suggest the plastic floor mats if you can find one there. :)

I'm looking into it but maybe I would prefer the carpet