News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

OH NO! GOSH! This is crap

Started by WesternElectricBen, January 05, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Like I said overhead, "this is crap." Look at the picture I provided, its from 1964 (so its not rare) and it has been modulated. Sure its, pretty and cleen.... Though its over 100 dollars. I sure hope this isn't a phone collector who is trying to buy this. Maybe a phone collector is selling that! Thanks
Ben

TelePlay

Wow!  :o

It was listed at $0.99 and 48 bids later, $105 plus $11 for shipping? One bidder wants it bad, real bad . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230905550029

And it's not even that "shiny." Here are a few pictures from the listing for posterity . . .

One thing for sure, the seller is very, very happy . . .

Mr. Bones

Ben,

A prime example of why your 'new' 500 was such a great deal! I have to watch and see where this goes, with a day+ left...

Regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 05, 2013, 04:59:42 PM
Ben,

A prime example of why your 'new' 500 was such a great deal! I have to watch and see where this goes, with a day+ left...

Regards!

Yes, I feel much better now. Like TelePlay said, the seller must be very happy!

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: TelePlay on January 05, 2013, 04:48:41 PM
Wow!  :o

It was listed at $0.99 and 48 bids later, $105 plus $11 for shipping? One bidder wants it bad, real bad . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230905550029

And it's not even that "shiny." Here are a few pictures from the listing for posterity . . .

One thing for sure, the seller is very, very happy . . .

Very true, the person is determined to buy it. Though, it might be that the bidder doesn't have the money and..... oh haha
Ben

poplar1

The same seller got $194 for a 554---and it is red, not dark blue or dark beige.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230886053755

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Wow! Wow!  :o  :o

Maybe it's that dial card, or the freshly applied Armour All? At least the back plate is clean, free of rust.

Started at $0.99 and 38 bids later it sold for $194 plus $11 shipping. This seller is on a roll . . .

For posterity, here are a few listing pictures.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: TelePlay on January 05, 2013, 05:57:08 PM
Wow! Wow!  :o  :o

Maybe it's that dial card, or the freshly applied Armour All? At least the back plate is clean, free of rust.

Started at $0.99 and 38 bids later it sold for $194 plus $11 shipping. This seller is on a roll . . .

For posterity, here are a few listing pictures.

Once again, moduler phone, worth nothing. Maybe there is a high bid scammer?
Ben

Mr. Bones

I was wondering if maybe it was the sales pitch writeup. I am seriously considering cut 'n' pasting it to a .txt file, for future use.

Thanks for posting the photos! It is a very pretty 554, but it had ought to be.

Just my $.02.

By the way, maybe it is the dial card. I keep seeing them. Where does one obtain the generic Bell System ones like this?
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 05, 2013, 06:12:18 PM
I was wondering if maybe it was the sales pitch writeup. I am seriously considering cut 'n' pasting it to a .txt file, for future use.

Thanks for posting the photos! It is a very pretty 554, but it had ought to be.

Just my $.02.

By the way, maybe it is the dial card. I keep seeing them. Where does one obtain the generic Bell System ones like this?

I make my own but I will supply a link. http://www.telephonearchive.com/numbercards/index.html
Ben

Mr. Bones

Thanks, Ben!

I have that gi-normous collection bookmarked, just haven't tinkered about with making my own (hard-copy) ones yet. I have made multiples in my PSP 4.14, but just .bmp files.

Haven't tinkered with the output to my printer, to twiddle about until I find the correct size, etc.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 05, 2013, 07:00:15 PM
Thanks, Ben!

I have that gi-normous collection bookmarked, just haven't tinkered about with making my own (hard-copy) ones yet. I have made multiples in my PSP 4.14, but just .bmp files.

Haven't tinkered with the output to my printer, to twiddle about until I find the correct size, etc.

Best regards!
I just do 1.5x1.5 circles. I type area code in a font thats reminiscent of what bell system used. Then I will use one of my typewriters to write my phone number.Hope that gives you an idea!
Ben

George Knighton

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 05, 2013, 06:12:18 PM
I was wondering if maybe it was the sales pitch writeup.
I'm sure that has something to do with it!  It's pretty good, compared to what most people do.
Annoying new poster.

Mr. Bones

Thanks for the help!

This is one example of what I have made, thus far:

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 05, 2013, 09:26:11 PM
Thanks for the help!

This is one example of what I have made, thus far:

I really like it!