News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dictograph handset wiring instructions needed.

Started by Greg G., April 23, 2017, 09:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

When I finally opened up my Dictograph, I discovered that the handset wasn't hooked up.  Anybody know how it's supposed to be wired?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

unbeldi

Your set has T, C, and R terminal visible for the handset: transmit, common, receive.

But the bigger question is if you connect the handset you still need at least one remote intercom set to make that even useful.
You have to construct a complete intercom circuit, and also a buzzer circuit.

Greg G.

Quote from: unbeldi on April 23, 2017, 09:49:03 PM
Your set has T, C, and R terminal visible for the handset: transmit, common, receive.

But the bigger question is if you connect the handset you still need at least one remote intercom set to make that even useful.
You have to construct a complete intercom circuit, and also a buzzer circuit.

Can it be rigged to ring an extension through a 308 PBX?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

unbeldi

The connections are by pushbutton, just like an intercom. No dialing. Are there any diagrams available for these ?  What brand is it?
It does not have an induction available already either, it seems. You basically need to build a telephone from it.   

Greg G.

Quote from: unbeldi on April 24, 2017, 05:32:02 PM
The connections are by pushbutton, just like an intercom. No dialing. Are there any diagrams available for these ?  What brand is it?
It does not have an induction available already either, it seems. You basically need to build a telephone from it.

The handset is a WE PTT, not sure what the rest of it is.  I've been unable to find any diagrams.  What type of unit would be at the other end of this?
- Mike Row
e