News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Any collectors around the Sacramento, CA area?

Started by HonestAbe, September 09, 2016, 01:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HonestAbe

Hello,

I am an old telephone enthusiast. I have been interested in landline (POTS) telephones for as long as I can remember. Ever since the 5th grade, I have acquired the nickname ''telephone.''

For the past 5 years, my collection has been slowly growing. However, it hasn't been until recently that I started trying to connect with other collectors. I was wondering if there was anyone who resides around the Sacramento, CA area?

If the moderators think that this post should go somewhere else, please do so.

Abe
"When I started out, all I did was play my trombone."
-Ray Conniff

AE_Collector

Welcome to the forum Abe!

Well, there are collectors reasonably close to Sacramento and they used to have a terrific museum!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14940.0

It will be back again. There must be other collectors in the area as well.

Terry

Pourme

Welcome, Abe! I couldn't be further away from you...NC...but it is good to have you on the forum!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

Welcome Abe... yes, there are a lot of collectors in California. In the Sacramento area.... Yes... John La Rue, just to mention one of them.... and his JKL Museum... Also, there is the TCI Library online for reference material of all sorts....
John

oldguy

Welcome Abe, I live in Grass Valley. Worked in Sacramento for 12 years. Mostly retired now. It's nice to find somebody close. I have mostly Western Electric, since that's what was used out here. Maybe we can get together & talk phone & maybe trade phones or parts?
Gary

HonestAbe

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm mainly looking for someone to connect with to talk "telephone" with and perhaps trade a few parts- it gets a little lonely here just with the phones  ;D.  My phones are mostly very common sets. I tried contacting phone museums like the Roseville Telephone Museum by email, but I never received any response. Also, I attempted to email the JKL museum, but my gmail told me that the museum's email address listed on their website was invalid.   

I know oldguy lives in Grass Valley, and that beats halfway across the world  ::), but I'm wondering if there was anyone closer to Sacramento, say in the county?

Abe
"When I started out, all I did was play my trombone."
-Ray Conniff