News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

western electric 2500 diagram

Started by southernphoneman, April 01, 2013, 05:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

who can tell me wear I can find a diagram for a western electric 2500 preferably for a 425 network?any help would be appreciated.

paul-f

You can search for one in the TCI Library or browse the Wiring Diagrams categories.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

I strongly encourage also looking up the relevant BSPs, as you'll learn a lot about the sets.  You can start with the set itself, then move on to BSPs for the major components -- dial, ringer, handset, etc.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

southernphoneman

couldn t find anything on any of these links. anthing or anyone else?

southernphoneman

I will explain what I want to do.then maybe some one can explain how I can do it.i want to take a 500 with a 425 network and convert it to a 2500,basically switching the dial over to a keypad. the keypad I have is a western electric and the number on it is 35y3dand I will post photos.

Phonesrfun

The web site Paul gave you has a ton of western electric diagrams.  Thousands of them.  Did you do a search for the 2500?
-Bill G

southernphoneman

Quote from: Phonesrfun on April 01, 2013, 06:39:02 PM
The web site Paul gave you has a ton of western electric diagrams.  Thousands of them.  Did you do a search for the 2500?
I searched the first one and it came up with 0 results and the second one I could n t find a way to search for a diagram, although it had info. on the 2500.

Phonesrfun

PS:

The dial mount for a touchtone dial is physically different than a rotary dial mount, so you would need to change that out, as well as the cover.

Also, the TT dial has a need for a couple terminal points that the regular 425B network does not have.  Early 1500 and 2500 phones had an add-on terminal strip for that purpose.
-Bill G

paul-f

...or navigate to the Wiring Diagrams section, select Western Electric, and get here:

WE 2500 Wiring Diagrams

As stated, the BSPs are more informative.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 01, 2013, 06:41:30 PM
Quote from: Phonesrfun on April 01, 2013, 06:39:02 PM
The web site Paul gave you has a ton of western electric diagrams.  Thousands of them.  Did you do a search for the 2500?
I searched the first one and it came up with 0 results and the second one I could n t find a way to search for a diagram, although it had info. on the 2500.

Notice the S and T Terminals on the attached link to the web site.

http://telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/wiring-diagrams/doc_details/2215-2500-series-telephones-2500d
-Bill G

southernphoneman

thankyou for your help guys I found exactly what I needed. :)

southernphoneman

Quote from: Phonesrfun on April 01, 2013, 06:41:58 PM
PS:

The dial mount for a touchtone dial is physically different than a rotary dial mount, so you would need to change that out, as well as the cover.

Also, the TT dial has a need for a couple terminal points that the regular 425B network does not have.  Early 1500 and 2500 phones had an add-on terminal strip for that purpose.

I guess I need to find an old 2500 base with the 4228 net work somehow.

paul-f

2500s are generally available relatively inexpensively, so you could skip the conversion process entirely.

Or, you could do what Bill suggested, and add a small terminal strip to get the two extra tie points to connect the wires.

Or you could connect the two wires using other mechanical methods -- a small nut and bolt then wrap in electrical tape or use special in-line terminal junctions, etc.

southernphoneman

Quote from: paul-f on April 01, 2013, 06:56:51 PM
2500s are generally available relatively inexpensively, so you could skip the conversion process entirely.

Or, you could do what Bill suggested, and add a small terminal strip to get the two extra tie points to connect the wires.

Or you could connect the two wires using other mechanical methods -- a small nut and bolt then wrap in electrical tape or use special in-line terminal junctions, etc.
thanks for the tips, see this is my inexperience talking. and this is why I joined the forum In the first place because of good people like you and bill. thankyou once again.... southernphoneman ;)