News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Creative Rotary Dial Conversion

Started by paul-f, March 10, 2011, 10:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Someone has an interesting junk box and some creativity.  I haven't seen this combination before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/120692770168 ( dead link 12-07-21 )
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan

Nice! How many times do we see the receivers hung upside down? I always hang them up correctly when I see them at antique malls, flea markets, etc. I guess I am a little anal about that :)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

rdelius

Wrong side too. Microphone is a military breastplate one.
Robby

RDP

Now that's just an ABOMINATION! LOL!

Sargeguy

The switchhook is on the wrong side, and looks like it might be from a 554 or something.  Now this is definitely a Frankenphone!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

GG

And the ringer was removed and the external bells retained only as decoration.  Yeah, Frankenphone bigtime.

When I was in high school I reworked a wooden local battery wall set for a friend (I think it was Kellogg).  Built a wooden frame containing an AE dial and a coil & condenser salvaged from (whatever, can't remember), that slid into the battery box at the bottom of the phone.  Left all the original material intact.  Connected to the transmitter, receiver, and ringer using new wiring and terminal strip that bypassed the original wiring.  In short, it was designed so that the whole thing could be put back to original condition in minutes by just sliding out the wood chassis that contained the new stuff, and screwing down the old wiring to where it was originally connected.  IMHO that's legitimate because it doesn't do anything that can't be reversed should someone decide to restore the set to full original condition. 

RDP

Can you believe it didn't sell?  LOL!